News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kezuroukai whine

Started by TNblueshawk, December 18, 2023, 11:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

So everything seems to work great but for the classic high pitch wine. It's on all settings. It's so loud it makes it unusable.

Anyone have any suggestions on what tweaks I can make?
John

madbean

I don't recall anyone complaining about a whine before. But, I think it would probably start in the Feedback path. So, even with FB all the way down you still hear it? Does the pitch change with the Rate setting?

TNblueshawk

Hey Brian thanks for chiming in.

Yes, even with the FB all the way down. The pitch barely changes with the rate but it does.

No matter where I toggle and what switch I hit the whine is there. It alters a bit or a lot depending on what combo of sounds I land on. Maybe a bad IC issue? I haven't yet taken voltages if that would matter.
John

TNblueshawk

Ok, so oddly enough I had bought the Redshift from Aion and just tested it. I get the exact same whine with the same symptoms of combo of sounds altering the pitch and speed of the whine.

What is the common denominator ( yeah I know besides my soldering iron  :o)? The LM13700. Sooooo, could I have gotten a lousy batch? Might it exhibit the dreaded whine? I would not ever recall where I go those. Sure it could have been Tayda but I can't say. 

I have no idea what projects I have done in the past that might have this chip. I will need to do a little recon on some other phasers that I have that work to see if I can swap some out.
John

jimilee

Power supply. Phasers are sensitive to line noise. I was pulling out my hair and I must have disassembled a phaser a dozen times before I figured that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: jimilee on December 20, 2023, 09:04:18 PM
Power supply. Phasers are sensitive to line noise. I was pulling out my hair and I must have disassembled a phaser a dozen times before I figured that out.

Ok, I'll play around with that a bit. I did have a regulated wall wart but I'll pop into my good PS on my board.
John

jimilee

Quote from: TNblueshawk on December 20, 2023, 09:07:53 PM

Ok, I'll play around with that a bit. I did have a regulated wall wart but I'll pop into my good PS on my board.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TNblueshawk

Jimilee, you are the man. That's all it was. Many thanks JL.

Bean, to your point, no there is no whine in the circuit!  ;D
John

jimilee

Quote from: TNblueshawk on December 23, 2023, 08:58:03 PM

Jimilee, you are the man. That's all it was. Many thanks JL.

Bean, to your point, no there is no whine in the circuit!  ;D
Glad I could cut down on your frustration and it worked. Phase on!!