News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD - EH content

Started by LaceSensor, June 20, 2012, 02:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Scored this duo on eBay

Fond memories of the MicroSynth, looking forward to fooling with the POG. This is meant to be the one to have in terms of headroom, but lacks the presets of the POG2.

Anyway, I wont lose money on either I dont think if I flip them.

and this for £35 working late 70s model I think

Guybrush

Enormous envy on my part.  I don't think having presets is all that important and the original is much cooler looking.  How's the Micro Synth.  I considered getting the bass version as I've heard it sounds great with guitar.  I think Josh Homme uses the bass version too.

So jealous!

DutchMF

Very cool! I see a lot of weird/wonderful sounds in your future (or would that be "hear a lot of.....")
Wrong thread to mention this, but wouldn't either be cool as Madbean project, sliders 'n all?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

LaceSensor

I think I will use them as recording tools, but the POG might find its way onto a song perhaps.
The MicroSynth are really cool, if you can get one for a good price you wont regret it.
Fat sweepy synthy goodness. Monophonic of course. But not much else like it really, in an affordable (ish) pedal.

Some guy at FSB has made his own MS.
Apparently its only 4 parts different between a guitar and bass version, so buy whatever is cheapest, and if needs be modify. You can do all the 4 part switches on a rotary switch perhaps.

LaceSensor

also picked this up for £35 GPB
Reticon SAD1024, working.

jkokura

I've had the POG. I was sorry to see it go. I liked it, but wasn't using it, and the Timeline was calling my name.

The main difference between the original POG and the Micro POG I use now was the noise. It's a noisy pedal.

I've always thought it would be lots of fun to play with nothing but 5 or 6 of the big box old style EHX pedals, like the Micro Synth, the POG, that super big Fuzz thing, and the DMM of course...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

LaceSensor

Which is noisier pog or micro pog

jkokura

Oh, the POG is noisy. The Micro POG is not noisy.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

I've got a pog II and it isn't noisy either.

Nice scores by the way.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

LaceSensor

I will investigate this noisiness tonight :)

raulduke

Nice pedals mate.

Can't beat EHX stuff for wacked out weirdness.

I have an old EHX worm (in the big box format), and it sounds beautiful.

These videos are worth checking out if you are into wacked out guitar tones and have some EHX stuff:

http://www.ehx.com/effectology

LaceSensor

Yeah ive seen a few of those videos, pretty cool.
I just started collecting Effects again (havent done that for years) so Im on the lookout for bargains.

These seemed like good deals.
Im gonna convert the Mistress to DC power tonight.

LaceSensor

seems the DEM is a v1 issue, 1978 vintage.

http://www.metzgerralf.de/elekt/stomp/mistress/deluxe-electric-mistress-v1.shtml

Looks pretty much like that inside.
It was humming a lot when powered.
Somewhat remiss of me I guess given its vintage, I have removed the transformer and replaced with a LT1054 based charge pump on the v3 Road Rage board.

I might see about true bypassing it, but perhaps that is taking it too far, and I should leave some of its vintage dignity. At least it can now be enjoyed by more people (me included) with standard DC power.

nzCdog

Nice!  I think its worth doin a basic power mod like that, means the pedal actually gets used rather than looked at from time to time. 8)

LaceSensor

Quote from: nzCdog on June 21, 2012, 08:00:59 PM
Nice!  I think its worth doin a basic power mod like that, means the pedal actually gets used rather than looked at from time to time. 8)

Well when I plugged it in here(220v uk) with no step down, the effect worked, but it hummed like crazy. so as well as a power slot, id need a step down, and thats just too much really.

With the power as it is now, as you say it can be much more widely used.
Sounds pretty neat! Gonna compare to my Current Lover when I get chance.