News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Simple order switch?

Started by BRGPollen, February 08, 2012, 10:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRGPollen

I would appreciate anyone who could help with this question.

Is there a simple way to install in order switch in the Krankasourus?   

My fulltone gt 500 as a switch on top that lets you determine whethe.r or not you want the boost or the distortion first in the signal chain.  I was wondering if there would be any benefit to adding this to the Krankasourus.  I know it is quite a dramatic difference on the fulltone as to which 1 you have first.

this might actually be cool for those of us who want to put more than 1 effect in a box is well.  I'm just starting to fish so please excuse me if this is been addressed before.

Thanks guys,

B
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

plesur

Looks like I'm the only one who likes these switch questions ...  ::)

You need a 3pdt. A footswitch will do. Imagine this is our switch with the holes facing up and down, the numbers are the lugs:

- 1 - 2 - 3 -

- 4 - 5 - 6 -

- 7 - 8 - 9 -

In one position,  1 & 4, 2 & 5 and 3 & 6 are connected, in the other 4 & 7, 5 & 8 and 6 & 9.

Connect your input to 8, and then through to lug 3.
Your output to 4.
Send A to 5.
Send B to 6.
Return A to 9, and then through to lug 1.
Return B to 7, and then through to lug 2.

When you've finished you should have six wires coming in and three short connecting loops on the switch.

BRGPollen

Cool,

THANK YOU plesur!!

I'm going to add this one to my printed notes!!!  With all of the guys on here stacking drives, making multi boxes etc.. this is invaluable info for those of us not gifted in schematic certainty!  This is the key to chorused delay or delayed chorus, tremolo-ed phase or phased tremolo etc!! (all of which I am interested in doing)!

Now to look for a small 3PDT switch. ( I don't know if I would be too keen on a footswitch when I'm messing with a boost circut.)

B

ps (just a thought.... for all of the etchers and daughter board makers out there.  This could be an easy sell to guys like me!)

plesur

No problems. But they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so now I'm back at a computer with some decent software:

That's a little less confusing, no?

BRGPollen

Plesur,

Thanks again! This reminds me of tic-tac-toe strategy  :P

maysink

Can a moderator please sticky this? Nice up, Dan!
[nothing to see here]
-e

Om_Audio

Def need to bookmark this post!
Thx
C
Sent via soup cans and string.