News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with Tayda's enclosure drill coordinate tool

Started by MarkL, August 17, 2022, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkL

Hi...I'm wondering if anybody can help me figure out how to use Tayda's drill pattern coordinates tool to have a custom enclosure drilled for a project.  I'm banging my head against the wall trying to make it work and, bless my heart, I just can't. 

I am trying to build up a Wolfshirt, but with a few minor changes to the way it occupies a 125B enclosure:

1. move the octave switch to a second stomp switch at the base of the enclosure parallel with the bypass stomp switch.

2. wire a regular 16mm pot via short normal jumper wires to the pads for the tone control so it can sit in the middle of the enclosure like a "normally" situated tone knob.

3. Top mounted in/out/DC jacks.

4. Little holes for 3mm LED bezels above the stomp switches

I know this is really basic stuff, but I am just running into a wall.  If it was a free-form sort of project without a PCB using board mounted Vol and Fuzz pots, I could probably figure something out that would get close enough to what I want, but I don't know how to calculate for the pre-determined placement of certain components that the PCB demands (i.e., the Vol and Fuzz pots, or precisely where a mid-situated Tone pot should "sit" on the face of the enclosure).

Can anybody help in terms of what I need to do here?  I've tried already but the end result was completely clusterf***ed.

BryGuy

Not familiar with this one off the top of my head but I could take a look tomorrow when I'm back on my main PC.

MarkL

Thanks so much.  I'm really lost in this right now -- the options themselves are confusing and I cannot even begin to wrap my head around the UV printing stage. 

BryGuy

Think this should work for you but feel free to tweak it as you see fit.

The only real confusing part about the drill coordinates tool is that all the dimensions are taken from the center point of the face you are working on. So, you will have negative numbers on the one side of the centerline and positive numbers on the other. Once you wrap your head around that it should all start to make more sense.

The UV printing thing is a whole other deal for sure. Just finished my first UV print with them actually. Hoping it gets delivered tomorrow.

Happy building  :)

MarkL

This is super helpful.  Thank you so much.  I'm going to see if I can find an online tutorial for using Inkscape in general.  Actually -- I'd be keen to compensate someone for a zoom-based tutorial session so I could ask questions along the way.  I did that for a few people who were starting to do podcasting and who wanted to know how to use Garageband and Logic, and the live question option made a big difference.

BryGuy

I do that type of thing all the time for my day job. AutoCAD though, not Inkscape. That is something I'm still learning since I don't use it all the time. The issue with Tayda is they are apparently pretty particular about your PDF file being setup correctly. Inkscape will not currently produce a pdf file that they will accept, especially if you're going to print the 3 different layers they use; white, color & gloss.

BryGuy

Oh, read your original post again and realized you want 2 LEDs; one for each footswitch. Here is an updated file that shows those as well. Just chose the 2 LEDs or the single LED from the main board, not both and you should be good.