News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kiss Tayda Standard Shipping Goodbye

Started by Axldeziak, March 30, 2023, 02:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axldeziak

I went to make an order at Tayda today and noticed Standard shipping was no longer listed. Wrote to them about it and received this in reply:

"Dear *****,

Unfortunately because of USPS price increases, we can't afford to offer the USPS shipping option anymore.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for choosing us.

Best Regards,
JEMIE
www.taydaelectronics.com"

So now, the cheapest shipping starts at $10.98 for UPS Express Shipping on even the basic $5 order. I'm glad I made a big an order about three weeks ago. It'll be the last...
I thought folks would want to know that once again we are getting bent over the barrel.

Govmnt_Lacky

I'm just surprised you got a reply  :-\

I have emails with several follow-ups from about 2 YEARS ago that still have no replies.

jimilee

Quote from: Axldeziak on March 30, 2023, 02:39:20 PM
I went to make an order at Tayda today and noticed Standard shipping was no longer listed. Wrote to them about it and received this in reply:

"Dear *****,

Unfortunately because of USPS price increases, we can't afford to offer the USPS shipping option anymore.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for choosing us.

Best Regards,
JEMIE
www.taydaelectronics.com"

So now, the cheapest shipping starts at $10.98 for UPS Express Shipping on even the basic $5 order. I'm glad I made a big an order about three weeks ago. It'll be the last...
I thought folks would want to know that once again we are getting bent over the barrel.
Maybe pedal parts will increase their catalog of parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

$10 is frankly not terrible when you're getting goods from Thailand into the US

JLCPCB rates that aren't the super slow ones START at $20. For a parcel smaller than most of my Tayda orders, it's incredibly lame for one small blue box. That or wait several weeks. Those options have started drying up on their checkout section even.

Axldeziak

I think the biggest gripe I have is they don't even have the decency of putting a notice up.
Sort of the same way they never bothered to say why they stopped the occasional discounts. Just stopped.
To me that says alot. If they can't be bothered, then I can't be bothered to open my wallet.

Willybomb

My options to Australia are UPS and DHL, both 2-4 day delivery.  DHL has been shocking lately, it gets to Australia overnight and then spends a week in the system before I get it.  Going to try UPS next time.  I think I've used them before but I can't remember.

Thewintersoldier

🤷 I guess I could care less since I haven't used the cheap one in at least 2 years. I usually buy bigger orders with multiple enclosures and the USPS option was always more than dhl or UPS. It's still cheaper than shopping with mouser who has a minimum 7.99 shipping fee no matter how much I spend.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jessenator

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 31, 2023, 12:36:59 PM
I guess I could care less since I haven't used the cheap one in at least 2 years. I usually buy bigger orders with multiple enclosures and the USPS option was always more than dhl or UPS. It's still cheaper than shopping with mouser who has a minimum 7.99 shipping fee no matter how much I spend.

Lol I just submitted an (Tayda) order last night and shipping was less than $7 (least to most expensive for me is usually FedEx, UPS, DHL)

Perhaps one thing—I just remembered—is folks who live in a larger apartment/condo complex. I recall shipping a gift from ThinkGeek (RIP :( ) to a friend in Chicago, and neglected to use USPS. Norm the mailman could get into his locked building, mr Brown could not. Before he got the delivered notification, the box was swiped. Don't know if they've made things easier/better in that regard (it's been 14 years, holy schnikies), but I just thought of that.

jimilee

We have an Amazon locker at our complex. I really like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: jessenator on March 30, 2023, 08:01:49 PM
$10 is frankly not terrible when you're getting goods from Thailand into the US

JLCPCB rates that aren't the super slow ones START at $20. For a parcel smaller than most of my Tayda orders, it's incredibly lame for one small blue box. That or wait several weeks. Those options have started drying up on their checkout section even.

$10 is roughly what it costs to ship a small box state to state within the US.  The fact that Tayda can ship internationally for that is mindbogglingly cheap.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jessenator

Quote from: pickdropper on April 01, 2023, 12:09:07 PM
$10 is roughly what it costs to ship a small box state to state within the US.  The fact that Tayda can ship internationally for that is mindbogglingly cheap.

I don't know all of the details and how it's applied across the globe, but the big two (UPS and FedEx) are essentially subsidized on importation of shipments to the US. Having traded almost identically sized parcels (dimensions and weight), I was paying nearly double to send mine to the UK.

To go on a mild tangent, I do wonder whether this subsidy practice is a direct cause as to why US outgoing international, and even our domestic, rates are so flippin ridiculous since The Varus™. Mid-late 2020 I sent a large item weighing approximately 40 lbs (with packing materials) coast to coast for about $80. Try doing that now.

jimilee

I just noticed the DHL option is 2 to 4 days, so that's a plus.

pickdropper

Quote from: jessenator on April 01, 2023, 03:36:05 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on April 01, 2023, 12:09:07 PM

I don't know all of the details and how it's applied across the globe, but the big two (UPS and FedEx) are essentially subsidized on importation of shipments to the US. Having traded almost identically sized parcels (dimensions and weight), I was paying nearly double to send mine to the UK.

To go on a mild tangent, I do wonder whether this subsidy practice is a direct cause as to why US outgoing international, and even our domestic, rates are so flippin ridiculous since The Varus™. Mid-late 2020 I sent a large item weighing approximately 40 lbs (with packing materials) coast to coast for about $80. Try doing that now.

There are a lot of reasons for increases.  The debacle with port deliveries and subsequent skyrocketing of container shipment costs forced a lot of folks to use air shipment and heavier demand never helps with prices.  The cost of gas also played a role in the spike.

But the freight inequity of outgoing vs incoming existed long before 2020.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Muadzin

Quote from: Willybomb on March 31, 2023, 06:20:47 AM
My options to Australia are UPS and DHL, both 2-4 day delivery.  DHL has been shocking lately, it gets to Australia overnight and then spends a week in the system before I get it.  Going to try UPS next time.  I think I've used them before but I can't remember.

I LOATH UPS. Twice I have had things delivered to me and they just gave it to one of my neighbors without leaving any notice to which one. I had almost started a refund procedure when one of them finally showed up. DHL has treated me a lot better in that regard.

Fatknuckle

Sign of the times.  DHL has been very good with their 2-4 day delivery, usually arrives a day early, and well tracked.  Have had USPS deliver to wrong addresses on more than one occasion.