News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MN3007 Pork Barrel + Road Rage + Hot Chick

Started by Stomptown, February 16, 2013, 05:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Not much to say about this pedal that hasn't been said or isn't already known. It's simple and it's awesome. It's simply awesome! This is my second CE-2 clone; the first was the BYOC version which also sounds great. I do notice the difference running 15V though. Lots more headroom and thus less breakup. This will definitely replace the former on my board. I etched the charge pump using the madbean road rage single-sided layout and was able to tuck it nicely beneath the main pcb. The image I used for graphics on this one was pulled and modified from a Sin City comic. I loves me some naked ladies!  :o I wet sanded this one to give a polished look, but I'm starting to get frustrated with the fact that polished pedals are hard to clean and easily pick up oils from skin. I'm really liking the idea of faceplates for etches and will probably lean towards them in the future. My first etched plate is a different metal and it seems easier to clean which is great for us OCD folks (not the pedal - the disorder  ;))...

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown