News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uppercut and a pretty pink one

Started by hoodoo, December 23, 2013, 11:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

;) G'day to all, Matt here, with my latest builds. The first is a 1776 suckerpunch, built stock with 600ish HFE NOS 549's. Nice fuzz, sounds almost like a clean sound blended with a fuzz, good note definition. Polished, Enviro'd and sticker decaled but this will be the last time i use the dodgy decal paper i bought, as it seems to streak under the decal  :'(.
The next one is a Nautilus, painted a funkadelic pink colour  ;) sticker decaled and clear coated. I broke the cardinal rule with this one, got cocky and didn't rock before boxing, and guess what, didn't work!!!! I reflowed all the joints on the top of the board and changed the IC's, and, sigh of relief, it worked. Although i thought it was still not working properly in some settings, until i read old posts that said this was normal. Very touchy interactive knob control needed.
I've got to say thanks to Ben, Guitarmageddon, for the vactrols for this one, they arrived with some other free goodies that he threw in, cause he's obviously a great bloke, so thanks mate,
Have a safe and Merry Christmas Madbeaners,
And here they are

jubal81

Fantastic stuff! Sexy knobs on that Uppercut, too.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

das234

lincolnic

Digging that Uppercut especially. Great work.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

hoodoo

Thanks very much for the kind words, all the best, Matt.

Ettore_M

Awesome builds! And I loved the pink paisley one! :)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Guitarmageddon

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

kaycee