News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Minitaur Switch wiring

Started by Droogie, May 04, 2014, 01:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

Went to test out a Minitaur on a great board from Pickdropper. I thought I had a handle on the switch wiring but get nothing in either bypass or effect on. I wired the switch thusly from the numbered pads on the pcb:

1    4
2    5
3     6

And conncected in from the pcb to in jack, out from pcb to out jack, 9v and gnd as per usual.

I checked continuity and the switch does move between 1–3 and 4–6.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

pickdropper

I probably should make a wiring diagram for that one since it is not the standard True Bypass wiring.  It is, however, the standard Klon wiring.

From what I can see, you wired it right.  Did you wire the ground connection to the input jack?  I assume you did, but I don't see it listed below.

Pictures of the 3PDT switch might help as well.

Also, is there any possibility that the 68k are a different value, like 68 ohms or 680 ohms?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Droogie

Since I was using my test rig, no jacks involved. It's going into a multi build. I'll just hook it all the way up, jacks and all and see if that does it.

pickdropper

That's a good idea.  Please let me know if that solves it or not.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Droogie

Evidently it's not just the switch. I get a high pitch whine with the gain control at 7 o' clock; the volume  and tone controls have an effect on this sound. I'll do the usual troubleshooting, i.e., check values and soldering.