News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neutrino (AKA Skyline)

Started by Jamiroking, November 18, 2011, 03:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiroking

For my neutrino, I decided to build the Black version since from what I read, it was a little brighter and cutting than the burst version (ironically named if you ask me). For the switch, I added the ability to switch between symmetrical (4 diodes) or asymmetrical (3 diodes) which seemed like one of the big differences between the black and burst versions.

Like my Egodriver, I decided to get a little crazy with the rubber bands. First, I tried to paint a bit of a red/black gradient. Then I masked the bands with some rubber bands. I really wanted to get some thicker bands but the closes I could do was just use multiple rubber bands which let a little white paint through when I put on that layer. I figure if I ever make other versions of the neutrino, I can use another city and paint the stripes a different color.

This is my last one of the batch I was finishing so I guess I'll have to get back to work on my Q-Vibe

tenwatt

Not too bright....

mjcyates

All of your pedals are looking really nice!

TNblueshawk

John

sgmezei

Dude all your finishes have been looking SICK!. They are looking awesome. Super clean builds too.
I have the Burst and am actually just now building another in the Black version. Hopefully I will get time to do a demo.

Jamiroking

Quote from: sgmezei on November 18, 2011, 07:55:44 PM
Dude all your finishes have been looking SICK!. They are looking awesome. Super clean builds too.
I have the Burst and am actually just now building another in the Black version. Hopefully I will get time to do a demo.

Thanks a lot! It's kind of sad that this was the last build I needed to finish. I've been living in a cloud of spray paint for the past week so I haven't even been able to play this thing more than a quick check to make sure the circuit worked. I'm gonna have to report back on a lot of these after I get some play time with them, probably make some demos too.

snz728

Love the idea of using the rubber bands thanks for the reports

jcuempire

I really like the graphic style of your pedals.  Quite beautiful

nzCdog

Love it! Cool idea with the rubber bands :)

shawnee

OK enough is enough. I'm getting very tired of telling you how great your pedals look......  ;)

Jamiroking

Quote from: shawnee on November 22, 2011, 12:09:15 PM
OK enough is enough. I'm getting very tired of telling you how great your pedals look......  ;)

Don't worry, no more builds for a while. Though I do have a Q-vibe waiting to be boxed and a piece of copper clad that I want to turn into a doombutter....

shawnee

Don't stop! I was kidding......