News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quackillac

Started by chuckbuick, October 21, 2014, 04:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

Here's an MXR Envelope Filter with a few mods.  The Emphasis pot works backwards.  CCW is full effect, CW mixes it out.  So it's more of a De-emphasis control.  The effect is pretty quacky overall.  I did have a problem with it not working at first.  After a little reading on the web I found that there could be a problem with the Texas Instruments CD4069's not wanting to bias like other brands.  I swapped out a resistor in the voltage divider that biases IC2 (referring to the Tonepad MXR EV schematic) and it came to life.  So that could maybe fine-tuned a bit more.  I'll try to dig up the links for info and all the relevant mods tomorrow.

Board-mounted everything for less wiring.  Always a bonus for me.

This is my 3rd build using clear adhesive sticker stock.  I'm liking it.  A lot less fiddle-f'ing around than waterslides.  Plus I didn't need to clear coat after printing.  I don't know how well it will stand up in the long term, but being a build for myself it seems like a good time to experiment.

GrindCustoms

Flapchicks with Duck face!!!!! LMAO!!

Very nice built Mark! :D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 21, 2014, 04:52:40 AM
Flapchicks with Duck face!!!!! LMAO!!

Very nice built Mark! :D

I was like, what the hell is Rej talking about?.. then I seen it pop out at me.. LOL

Man your SMD builds make me queazy, my stomach hurts when I stress and I feel like my stomach would hurt a lot during these builds. lol Excellent job and I love your wiring great wire color choice also :]

Cody

jubal81

That's so awesome my gall bladder won a breakdancing contest just looking at a picture of it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

m-Kresol

Your builds are getting pretty ridicolous in terms of tidyness. You know you make us look like kindergardeners, right?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

You and wgc are ripping it up...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

Incredibly well done! Gorgeous work on the wiring!! Very clever on the decal. And that SMD work!!

wgc

This is absolutely killer, Mark!  Quacked me right up.

Is this a solder paste build?

Thx for the nice comment Alan!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

pickdropper

Very refined looking build, Mark.  There are all sorts of nice touches to it.  Looks great.

Did you create the mudflap duck face girl graphic yourself?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jprizz

There is so much awesome going on with this pedal - inside and out. Put a big smile on my face.

culturejam

Chuck's builds are so good that each one delights me as much as it makes me feel inadequate.  ;D :-X ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

rullywowr

Love your smd work Chuck!  Each one is impressive.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Haberdasher

one of the cleanest builds ever.  super!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

catfud

What a quacking build!  I keep wondering 'waddle chuck build next?' ;)