News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Orange squeezer and Softie2 in a lozenge tin

Started by EBK, September 22, 2020, 06:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

My brain works like this:

This tin that I got for free looks kind of neat.

Hmm....  That graphic of the hand holding the lozenge -- the lozenge looks to be about the same size as a 3mm LED.  I happen to have some tangerine-colored 3mm LEDs, and I'm a bit bored.

That was amusing.  I wonder....  Would a pedal fit in this tin?  Perhaps using Lumberg jacks, and the footswitch would have to be shallow.

[Thinking]
[Going through my parts stash]

Looks like a soft touch footswitch fits perfectly, and I happen to have a Softie2 board to go with it, which would actually fit too!

I might as well drill it out and think of something to put in it later.

You know, with that LED, the hand looks a little like it is squeezing an orange....

A parts order and a couple weeks later, I have an orange squeezer pedal built in a rather shallow tin!

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

cooder

Classy and the LED placement is sweet (pun intended).
BigNoise Amplification

mjg

"New size. Better value!"  Love it.   ;D

So how does the natural tangerine flavour sound? 

Bio77

That's great! Thanks for sharing the WIP pics/story, it was cool.

jimilee

Thats awesome man! Pedals in things are always a fantastic treat to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

Thanks, guys!

Quote from: mjg on September 22, 2020, 10:21:31 PM
"New size. Better value!"  Love it.   ;D

So how does the natural tangerine flavour sound?
It is a fun enclosure in many ways.  ;D

Also amusing to me is the output jack labeling:
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber