News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz Face favorite Tranny Pair?

Started by k.rock!, June 07, 2011, 07:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: night-B on June 09, 2011, 06:12:06 PM
For the ones interested I have sold all of the good pairs of 2n404 I had but some more are coming ;)

Very interested! Let me know  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Quote from: k.rock! on June 10, 2011, 05:10:53 PM
I found a few of those in some sources in Pakistan for about $10 a piece. Steve sells a pair matched for $25 so I think I'm better off getting them from Steve :) I don't have the means to match trannies at home...

Do you have any sound/video demo of your fuzz with the CV7112s in? I'm really interested in how they sound!

Thanks!

-Kaleb

I will have some videos up this weekend and I will be doing all of my fuzz pedals. I don't have any PNP fuzz with me right now which is sort of a bummer but the CV7112 will be in there. I am trying to finish my Sunking and Lavache up by tonight so I can film everything in one shot!

k.rock!

I will have some videos up this weekend and I will be doing all of my fuzz pedals. I don't have any PNP fuzz with me right now which is sort of a bummer but the CV7112 will be in there. I am trying to finish my Sunking and Lavache up by tonight so I can film everything in one shot!

Awesome! I'll be looking forward to them! I have a bunch of projects in my desk: Egodriver, RossComp, LaVache, Cosmopolitan, Sunking, Mangler, Boneyard and Echobase

So far, I have finished the Egodriver and Ross and the next up is the Echobase. As soon as I knock those out I'll start with my Mangler (hence the point of this thread :P) and at the same time the Boneyard for a friend.

I want to contribute to the demo section so I'll be recording demos of all of those projects to share as well :D

Thanks Paul!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

Just ordered the CV7112 from Steve... super expensive :( but I hope they sound amazing...I'm looking to have a single fuzz pedal and I hope this one will be it :)

Thank you all for your inputs!

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

joegagan

after 10 years ( easyface, 2000), i still like 2n3906 for Q1 and a hot 120 to 130 hfe* pnp for Q2.

i had really good luck with  purchase of surplus 2n2614s from summit in florida, but they sell in bulk.

*hfe refers to measure using Rg's tester