News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Holy Hand Grenade - Pharaoh/Mudbunny

Started by eldanko, March 24, 2012, 07:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Finally got around to finishing my Pharaoh build on a Mudbunny board, as outlined in this thread:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2385.0'

Special thanks to Diamond for helping bring this one to life!  Fired up on the first try, and is pretty stinkin versatile for a Muff variant!  There's a lot of wiring in there... it was fun coming up with a good plan for hiding most of it.  Sounded good through my Super Reverb - better than most Muffs I've tried anyway (scooped mids + more scooped mids), but really shines through my Marshall flavored amps.  It seems to gain up way more in the last quarter turn of the sustain knob than the rest of it, which is fine with me.

I used 1N914s for D3/D4 and 1N34As for D5-D7.  Both sound great, with the 1N34As being the smoother, more tamable choice.  Only thing I'm having trouble getting used to is having to count to three before turning it on...  ;D

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

nzCdog

marmaliser

Nice, I never tire of lookig at Muff   :P

jkokura

That's a super great finish on that thing. Nice work!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DutchMF

Very nice, man! Love the guts, the finish and the Monthy Python reference. Look at it's vicious teeth!! LMAO!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Scruffie

Quote from: eldanko on March 24, 2012, 07:25:36 PM
Only thing I'm having trouble getting used to is having to count to three before turning it on...  ;D

It's easy... One, Two... Five!
Works at Lectric-FX

bigrigg

Clean as a whistle!  Or at least one without slobber on it.  Nice!

Haberdasher

O LORD, bless this
Thy hand grenade
that with it Thou mayest blow
Thine enemies to tiny bits
in Thy mercy
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

midwayfair

I like the white perf board and the little grenades between the switch descriptions. Once again, I'm just completely jealous of your graphics cleverness. :)

jubal81

I'd love to hear what it sounds like if you have any plans on recording a clip. Very nice!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Bret608

Yes, clips would be very much appreciated here! This is the first DIY implementation of the Pharaoh I've seen. Almost got one last summer but went with a Buzzaround instead...

I think this forum should have a Monty Python-themed build competition sometime...of course you've already set the bar quite high, but it would be cool to see what everyone came up with! I wonder what pedal would go well with an "I'm a lumberjack" theme?!

eldanko

Thanks for the kind words friends!  I'll see if I can get my mics set back up this week and post a clip or two.  It really is a super fun pedal with several sweet spots.

Per your comment, Bret, I got dibs on a Black Knight themed one  ;D

pickdropper

That pedal looks great on the inside and out.  Nice job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Diamond

Wow, this one really looks great! I'm glad it works well. Excellent job!

eldanko

Quote from: Diamond on March 27, 2012, 05:00:53 PM
Wow, this one really looks great! I'm glad it works well. Excellent job!

Thanks man - couldn't have done it without ya!!  Thanks for your contributions!!