News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LED always on runnig the Aion Ares

Started by U4U, April 15, 2017, 12:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

U4U

Hi, have build a few pedals the last days, all work, but the last one is the most simple one and it doesn't work. LED is always ON, but in one case less bright. The preamp doesn't make any noice. I have used the Aion 3pdt bypass board for wiring the switch and wiring was made like shown on the ares project documentation, the are no visible short circuits, all soldering was done well. There must be a short circuit I'm rather sure but I have no idea, maybe someone else?!

Thank you, U4U
Modify message
Creator of the multi purpose pickup wiring/unwiring machine

WormBoy

That is an interesting one. Apparently, the LED cathode has a path to ground in bypass mode. So there is somehting wrong in the path from cathod to the switch. Take a look if the SW pad is not accidentally connected to the OUT (on both PCBs). You might also get a clue from measuring resistance from cathode to ground when the switch is in bypass mode.

U4U

Hi, thank you for reply, board OUT is connected to PCB out on switch, board SW is connected to SW on switch. U4U
Creator of the multi purpose pickup wiring/unwiring machine

WormBoy

Yes, but it's good to check whether they are completely isolated. A tiny solder bridge between SW and OUT might explain this behavior.