News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with Mouser

Started by HailToTheBlues, October 21, 2014, 07:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi guys,
So, i'm trying to put together my first order from mouser but i can't understand one detail, and i had the hope you could help me. So, when i want to choose, for example a cap of a specific value and model, there are many results, with the same price and identical values in every aspect, but the code of the item is slightly different, and i wanted to know what's the difference between those items, for example: http://pt.mouser.com/Kemet/Passive-Components/Capacitors/Film-Capacitors/_/N-9x371?P=1z0x6frZ1yyc4mbZ1yznbzrZ1z0vn48Z1z0znw3Z1z0wrj5

Some of those are for large bulk orders, with minimum of 1000, but the others seem preety identical, so a little help here?

Best regards

Justus

Some of those product codes and differences deal only with the way the parts are packaged, be it loose, on a cut tape, etc.  Other differences include physical dimensions, lead spacing, etc.  When in doubt, read the specs on the data sheet and compare them.

HailToTheBlues

Ok then, thanks for the help!

dont-tase-me-bro

One thing to note with box film caps, is some versions of them have really short legs.
I thought this would save me money.

alanp

Buying from Mouser adds to your OCD points.

It's either that or your swearing ability, mutually exclusive. OCD or swearing, it will be one or the other.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

When I first started to order from Mouser I had a small box that I threw in parts that were wrong size or not the right part all together. I now put less and less in that box. It really teaches you how to read a datasheet.

Where I went wrong with caps many times is with the leads. I would order crimped by accident or large lead spacing. 5mm straight lead is all I get now for 10n - 1uF.

Cody

RobA

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 22, 2014, 06:41:30 AM
When I first started to order from Mouser I had a small box that I threw in parts that were wrong size or not the right part all together. I now put less and less in that box. It really teaches you how to read a datasheet.

Where I went wrong with caps many times is with the leads. I would order crimped by accident or large lead spacing. 5mm straight lead is all I get now for 10n - 1uF.

Cody
I've got a set of 1µF Panasonic caps that've got so many crimps and kinks in them I can't figure out what the possible reason for it was. I have to straighten them out with pliers before I can use them.

My most common mistake was ordering SMD parts because I was looking at the picture which showed a PTH part. Don't trust the pictures! Go off the part numbers and spec sheet. When you use the search tools to narrow the parts listed, it really helps. I can't remember that having any wrong parts come up.

When you do order the wrong parts, keep them around. I never would have guessed it at the time, but I find myself using the mistakenly ordered SMD versions of the 2n2907 transistors all the time now.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

dont-tase-me-bro

My last order had a couple 3mm red LEDs.  I got 3mm LEDs, in a small black plastic case, with equal length legs that fold down.  I messed up
I thought this would save me money.