News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What kind of wire are you using?

Started by harryklippton, March 06, 2021, 12:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryklippton

My little stash is running low and I don't have a lot of the colors I want to use. So what are you using? Is the #24 pre-bond from small bear what I want? I think that's what I had bought before

matmosphere

The Small Bear prebonded is easily the nicest wire I've ever used. I think there is one other guy that sells prebonded that everyone swears by, but I can't remember the name now.

DLW

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 06, 2021, 01:50:11 PM
The Small Bear prebonded is easily the nicest wire I've ever used. I think there is one other guy that sells prebonded that everyone swears by, but I can't remember the name now.

Barry @GuitarPCB?

alanp

Chrome sells really nice wire -- he's the 'DIYGP' link up in the top of this page, in fact!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Aentons

I ordered a bunch of the tadya wire and it is fairly decent. The only negative is that it is not prebonded like the smallbear wire. Smallbear seems to be out of stock alot and I think Barry's wire is a group buy type thing. I can almost always get the tadya wire in different gauges and colors at whatever length I need and it works well for me... and it's cheap

davent

Still have some of the 500' in five colours of 22awg PTFE/Teflon insulated stranded i bought from ApexJr. years ago. Use it in my high voltage tube projects as well.

https://www.apexjr.com/wire.html
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

matmosphere

Barry, that's it, just couldn't remember.

I've got some of the Tayda stuff and a few other cheaper brands too. They do the job but aren't as pleasant to work with.

harryklippton

Thanks for the suggestions y'all. I got some small bear stuff but they didn't have all the colors I want. I'll try to get those next order.