News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MB Quasar

Started by PhiloB, January 29, 2014, 11:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

Learned a lot on this build:  Don't try and spray paint in 25 degree weather (bubbles and uneven coatings), don't get the water too warm for the water slide stretching and buckling), it's easy to break the traces on an etched board when putting pressure on the pot wires (destroyed two, notice the wire soldered to the diode, there is another jump underneath).
Good news: it works...first try!

rullywowr

Sometimes, things just don't go your way- but you persevered and made it happen.  I really dig the color scheme and decal. Nicely done :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: rullywowr on January 30, 2014, 06:15:07 AM
Sometimes, things just don't go your way- but you persevered and made it happen.  I really dig the color scheme and decal. Nicely done :)
+1

And that lens flair from the LED adds to its awesomeness.

billstein

Quote from: rullywowr on January 30, 2014, 06:15:07 AM

I agree. Great color scheme. I love it when somebody fights through the problems, running jumpers or whatever it takes to get it done. True DIY spirit.

alanp

Wow! Always feels good when you wrestle a particularly stubborn build to the ground :)

The 1/4" plugs don't hit the LED wires when you plug them in?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

PhiloB

Thanks guys. Alan there's at least 1 mm clearance between the jacks in the LED ;-)

jimilee

Quote from: PhiloB on January 30, 2014, 02:37:27 PM
Alan there's at least 1 mm clearance between the jacks in the LED ;-)
Oh yeah, plenty of room! Looks great man.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PhiloB

Yeah, I didn't even question the MB enclosure layout, just printed and drilled.  Everything was snug as a bug in a rug as they say.  Seeing as I didn't put a battery snap in there I could have saved myself some headache by spacing things out a bit.

jimilee

Quote from: PhiloB on January 30, 2014, 04:17:23 PM
Yeah, I didn't even question the MB enclosure layout, just printed and drilled.  Everything was snug as a bug in a rug as they say.  Seeing as I didn't put a battery snap in there I could have saved myself some headache by spacing things out a bit.
Where's the fun in that? Throw a battery snap in there just because!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.