News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fall release plans

Started by madbean, September 12, 2023, 10:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I haven't said much about upcoming stuff recently so here's where we are at for the next 2-3 months:

- Anamorph stereo analog delay comes out next week. This is replacing all the non-Memory Man projects I've previously offered.
- After that I'm pausing all project development to get the new web shop designed and up. That will take a couple of weeks at least.
- After that the next batch of releases will be a few new redesigned VFE projects (using the SPS switching system) and the new mbp "Standard" 1590B series. A bunch of existing projects are going away to put them in the new series.
- Once that's all done I'll pick the final releases for the year which will be a mix of all different types of projects. Lotta stuff to pick from.

jimilee

Thanks for the update. How many weeks are a couple in Madbean weeks? I'm kidding. Looking forward to the new stuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jwin615

Nice Brian.
Is everyone doing the VFE group but on ppcb going to regret their decision?  ;D
I'm not crazy about all the none DMM delays going away(diy delays aren't as plentiful as say, fuzzes) but I guess that means I should buy more boards soon... I would say, maybe leave one lower parts count delay around for builders not into cowboy+, Degenerator maybe? But you know your business and what's moving.
Happy the see the next gen beans.
Thanks for all you do!

derevaun

Way cool! After some limited exposure to the original VFE documentation, I am super glad you're shaping them into something sensible.

Also digging the 1590B emphasis. Achilles tendon health isn't just for washed-up NFL QBs  :o

nzCdog

madbean

Quote from: jwin615 on September 13, 2023, 03:17:20 AM
Nice Brian.
Is everyone doing the VFE group but on ppcb going to regret their decision?  ;D
I'm not crazy about all the none DMM delays going away(diy delays aren't as plentiful as say, fuzzes) but I guess that means I should buy more boards soon... I would say, maybe leave one lower parts count delay around for builders not into cowboy+, Degenerator maybe? But you know your business and what's moving.
Happy the see the next gen beans.
Thanks for all you do!

I should clarify - this is for the analog delays only. PT2399 delays will remain. For the Anamorph, the default build is DM-2-like, but I'll list the changes for filter settings in the BOM for the AD900 and FX-90 too. I do have a single BBD stereo design for 125B that will probably get released a bit later on, so there will be an option for a simpler analog delay. That one has everything board mounted including jacks and switch so it's a pretty easy build. The reason I chose the Anamorph is because it is a better design than the Aquaboy and Man O War projects. All 1/4W resistors, better modulation, no MN3101 required, etc.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on September 12, 2023, 10:58:56 PM
How many weeks are a couple in Madbean weeks? \

This comment is underrated. But, hopefully real time weeks.

Isaiah

jimilee

Quote from: Isaiah on October 09, 2023, 10:04:12 PM
Any news on Anamorph?
Yeah, any news?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on October 09, 2023, 10:06:01 PM
Any news on Anamorph?
Yeah, any news?

I'm having a procrastination problem.

Site seems to be running slow as mud right now. Not sure what's going on.

WonkoTheSane

I noticed that the other day, but it's fine now. I think there was some DDoS issues with your host.
That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

gordo

Yeah, was crazy slow.  Seems pretty perky now.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Isaiah

Quote from: madbean on October 14, 2023, 01:34:29 AM
Quote from: jimilee on October 09, 2023, 10:06:01 PM
Any news on Anamorph?
Yeah, any news?

I'm having a procrastination problem.

Site seems to be running slow as mud right now. Not sure what's going on.

Could you give a summary of its features please?
Is the stereo signal derived similarly to the Stereo Memory Man, or something else?
I'm assuming it isn't true stereo I/O!

madbean

Quote from: Isaiah on October 22, 2023, 06:27:05 PM
Is the stereo signal derived similarly to the Stereo Memory Man, or something else?

It's fake stereo, so one output has the wet inverted like the Stereo MM. But, it's cool sounding. The main circuit is stock DM-2 but I will list subs to make if you want to build something like the AD-900 or FX-90. The clock and modulation comes from the Memory Man. The attempt here it to combine all the best features of each type but also make it easier to build than my Aquaboy and Man O War projects.

I expect to get it released this week. Working on some new project ideas this weekend helped get the motor started again.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on October 22, 2023, 10:42:01 PM
Quote from: Isaiah on October 22, 2023, 06:27:05 PM

It's fake stereo, so one output has the wet inverted like the Stereo MM. But, it's cool sounding. The main circuit is stock DM-2 but I will list subs to make if you want to build something like the AD-900 or FX-90. The clock and modulation comes from the Memory Man. The attempt here it to combine all the best features of each type but also make it easier to build than my Aquaboy and Man O War projects.

I expect to get it released this week. Working on some new project ideas this weekend helped get the motor started again.
Woohoo, can't wait!!