News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LaVache problem...

Started by piemanelec, June 23, 2011, 03:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piemanelec

Howdy all,

I just got done soldering up a LaVache board and have a problem somewheres.  I haven't made time to buzz it out yet, and being bone lazy, would sure appreciate it if anybody that's built one could give me some voltages at various test points so I can check mine out.

One thing that confused me during my build was the orientation of the 2N3565 I'm using.  I got a NOS version from smallbear.  It's a TO-106 package which I'm not familiar with.  Looking at it from the top, the package is circular with a small flattened edge near what I have decided is the emitter.  Can anyone verify that?

Thanks!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb-ass look on your face.

jkokura

I remember thinking that too. Then I had to flip the 2n3565's 180 degrees. Try flipping it around and seeing if that helps.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

The flat side is the emitter and is oriented to the top side of the board as pictured in the layout diagram.

piemanelec

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I made some time to debug it tonight and found that I had two problems.  One was a tiny short of solder  between traces.  The other was a dead transistor.  After I fixed the short, I checked the voltages on the transistor and it was definitely dead.  I had it oriented correctly too.  Anyway, I replaced it and she fired right up! 

I like this thing a LOT!

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb-ass look on your face.