News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Simple and clean Cherrybomb and a Tonepad Sinamp (sorry, Brian)

Started by small fish, August 20, 2011, 01:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small fish

Hi there,
I just completed my Cherrybomb, using Mallory caps (sorry Brian, but I read your update section tooo late, to get the hint: "Mallorys are definetly to large....for this pcb"). I didn´t want to spent a fortune on orange drops (they´re f***** expensive in germany), so I used Mallorys, which are also inside my guitar builds, and I really like them. Take a look at the pics. The enclosure is just polished. Transistors used: Q1, Q3: BC109a, Q2: 2N2222a, I also used a B2.5k pot for the gain controls.

In front of a solid state amp, this pedal - IMHO- sucks (as described, the gain boost is at the last 10% of the pot). In front of my tube amp it´s really nice. Even at low gain settings, you´ll get a nice crunched tone.

The other one is a GT-2 clone, layout by tonepad, which I always wanted to build :)
It took about 40 connections, to get the pcb started, but it has a really nice tone and a quite versatile use, regarding the multiple settings you´ll get.
Hope you like them.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Guitars are made of trees! Paper is made of trees!
Recycle your paper, so there are more trees left - to make guitars!

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

Yowsah!  Love the look of your gt2... sleek!
Nice builds man :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

These both look great!! I've never heard of the GT-2, I'll have to check that one out.
That is a massive amount of connections, but it still looks clean and neat. Great execution!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals