News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Snarkdoodle - lets get mini (headstart)

Started by gtr2, August 29, 2011, 02:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Haven't seen one of these in the build reports for a while.  Just built this one in the last few hours after I finished the Double Flush.  It's a snarkdoodle, red llama specs, no boost.  I got the pcb to fit in a 1590a even though it wasn't intended that way plus I used up those BYOC knobs  ;D  I could build about 10 of these in the time it took for the dirtbag. Sounds surprisingly good for what it is!  I called it "short stack". That's what I call my daughter because she's small for her age and it seemed fitting for this pedal.

Josh

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

T_MBaker

That looks great!!!

All of this 1590a talk has really piqued my interest, have to try building in one soon.

nzCdog

Cute ;)
Your builds are so clean man, nice job!

Guitarmageddon

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

mgwhit

I love these 1590a builds with the vertically aligned knobs.  Looks fantastic!  Do you mind if I asked what you used to stamp your text?  I went into a craft store once to ask about stamping with paint, and the women in there made me feel like an idiot.

gtr2

StazOn Ink.  The stamping actually looks really good from far away.  The close up shot depicts all the stamping imperfections.  I haven't much luck with the white (opaque) StazOn.  The black works best, but other colors work well white enclosures.

The 1590a builds are challenging but addicting.  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mgwhit

Thanks!  The "stamping imperfections" look great -- they have that old xerox-enlarged typewriter look that I used to intentionally put on band flyers back in the day.

bigmufffuzzwizz

That looks great! You really do have to plan to make these fit, unless you could find those mini jacks. I've been wanting to build a WHRL, I've heard they sound great. I have to agree the simplicity of this pedal/circuit makes it more fun!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals