Previous topic - Next topic

ckim715

So my signal chain goes like this:

Crybaby
Analogman KoT clone
Cosmopolitan
Sea Urchin
Amp

Gear: 2 strats, one with humbuckers, one with single coils, a Blues Junior, and a '67 Bassman.

I kind of want to get an EP Booster, as I've heard they do amazing things to the strat tone, but I feel like 3 OD/Boost/Dist pedals is a bit overkill.

Tried a compressor, not really feeling it.

Modulation? Hmm. I do have a phaser, but can't see myself using it much...

Opinions welcome!
-Charlie

selfdestroyer

Let me help you out...

Reverb

That is all. lol

Cody

haveyouseenhim

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

ckim715

Blues Junior has Reverb, and it's the amp I play with most often :)
-Charlie

haveyouseenhim

We ain't talk in that plain ol spring reverb.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

Blues Healer

my main amp is a Blues Jr ...
personally, I prefer delay rather than reverb.

however, I do run my amp with the reverb @ ~ 2
"music heals"

jkokura

Most of is here build pedals not because we need them, but because we like to build. I say, pick a project you like the look/sound of, and build it. Who knows! Maybe it replaces or gets added to what you have, or perhaps it inspires you to write new music or try some different sounds out for your old stuff.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

blearyeyes

electrosonic

If you have a tube amp - I would say a clean boost at the end of the signal chain.  A simple AMZ mosfet boost sounds great into a tube amp, probably not too interesting on its own.

Andrew.

brejna

Quote from: ckim715 on April 25, 2014, 03:55:52 AM
So my signal chain goes like this:

Crybaby
Analogman KoT clone
Cosmopolitan
Sea Urchin
Amp

Gear: 2 strats, one with humbuckers, one with single coils, a Blues Junior, and a '67 Bassman.

I kind of want to get an EP Booster, as I've heard they do amazing things to the strat tone, but I feel like 3 OD/Boost/Dist pedals is a bit overkill.

Tried a compressor, not really feeling it.

Modulation? Hmm. I do have a phaser, but can't see myself using it much...

Opinions welcome!
You should definitely try amp 11, I use KOT and amp 11 for OD's.. Killer pedals for strat or tele
...and offcourse univibe.. I think that you are missing one  :)

junkemail86

My pedal board usually has 5 OD/dist, 2 fuzzes, and 1 boost, so I personally don't think adding another would be overkill.  That being said, modulation would add more versatility.  Maybe chorus, flanger, trem, or reverb?  Even a volume pedal can be useful a times.

gjcamann

You can't lump all distortions/overdrives into the same box, they each have their own place. I'll use a dirty booster (SHOish), light overdrive (KOTish/Morning Glory), medium OD (TS/SHOD), High OD/Light Distortion (OCD/Fulldrive), Medium Distortion(I don't use one), High Gainer (Big Muff), Fuzz.

And then you've got the Les Luis, it's such a great and unique sounding pedal, it deserves it's own place. It's great to jump on that tweed sound for a song or two, it's really like playing through a different amp.

Sometimes i'll go up a level for each chorus on the same song or something like that.

midwayfair

A tremolo would at least give you the option for some subtle movement on some songs (or the fast tremolo"shimmer") without being intrusive like a phaser or retro like a chorus or flanger. Even if you don't use it a lot, it would be there when you really need it.

GermanCdn

+1 on the tremolo, either the Double Flush or the Cardinal will give you a pile of options, and it would seem to be a logical fit for the type of rig you're running.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.