News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Curious. What do you do for a living?

Started by das234, June 16, 2013, 11:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

With all the different levels of knowledge and expertise on here, I was just curious; what do Madbean forum members do for a living to support their pedal habits?   

alanp

Freezing worker; I work in smallgoods, with livers, hearts, kidney, sweetbreads etc.

I work on the main scales and strapper, my job is probably safe since no one else wants it (very busy, ten different things to keep track of) and I tend to be the most professional while doing it.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Stomptown

I install and maintain remote weather stations in the mountains throughout Oregon, Washington and Northern California. We collect data on snowpack, overall precipitation, temperature, soil moisture, etc. It's definitely the best job I've ever had, but theres is a lot of risk involved so I'm not certain how much longer I will do it. I love riding ATV's, snowmobiles, and flying in helicopters, but being a father has changed my perspective a bit. Gotta pay them bills though and hopefully it will lead to a safer position in the future...

irmcdermott

I'm a Project Manager for an audiovisual company. Our focus is on corporate events. Keeps me busy on the road. I'm away from my family anywhere from 8 to 14 days a month, which is down from 10 to 20, having our son really has been a reason to cut down. But I consider myself blessed because it provides for my family and I enjoy what I do. Currently sitting in Monterey working, while I'd rather be with my family on Father's Day, this isn't a bad place to be either :)

Ian

neve1272

i am a concrete finisher in the union and have a small project studio
Kip

midwayfair

I'm a paralegal/legal assistant (really it depends on which boss is giving me work ...). I used to be an editor for PNAS, which was a lot more exciting. I used to learn really fascinating stuff on the job.

wolfingsworth

I am a union commercial plumber/pipe fitter. I find myself using lots of work skills when pedal building (using tools, understanding how solder works, routing point a to b, etc...). Although someday when I'm older hopefully I can do something that won't leave my hands chunks of leather by the time I retire so I will be able to play guitar :-\

Stomptown

Quote from: irmcdermott on June 16, 2013, 11:59:12 PM
I'm a Project Manager for an audiovisual company. Our focus is on corporate events. Keeps me busy on the road. I'm away from my family anywhere from 8 to 14 days a month, which is down from 10 to 20, having our son really has been a reason to cut down. But I consider myself blessed because it provides for my family and I enjoy what I do. Currently sitting in Monterey working, while I'd rather be with my family on Father's Day, this isn't a bad place to be either :)

Ian

Travel is rough with a family. I'm on the road 5 days a week for 5 months out of the year so I can relate!

pickdropper

I work as an R&D Engineer/Project Manager.  I generally work in the consumer products section of the company on designing earphones, headsets and things like that.

Recently, I've been helping out in other sections of the company that have a lot on their plate.  That can be fun as it allows me to do some PCB layouts, which I don't get to do as much in the course of my normal gig. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pedalman

im a all around goof-ball and bbq weirdo, also manage the plumbing department for a home improvement company
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

GermanCdn

Mechanical engineer by trade, i work for a company that builds large mining equipment (some of the biggest machines in the world).  Currently work as a project manager for our domestic jobs, which is a little less exciting than when i was doing jobs in Africa and China, but the upside is we're not bouncing around all the time and i have a supplier in Jacob's part of the world so we get to hang out once and a while.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

artstomp

..I used to work as a visualizer/graphic artist in a design studio 15 years ago...decided to start  a small business...wedding photography/videography...and while doing photo or video editing i can't help but take a peak on the mb forum every once in awhile....

jimilee

I work customer service for tmobile at a call center here in Chattanooga
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jprizz

Jack of all trades, master of none. I am a former grounds  keeper (baseball), motorcycle mechanic, highschool football coach, stage hand, church youth pastor... I am a mechanical engineer for a glass container company now.

angrykoko

System Architect (fancy way of saying I'm a programmer).
Been doing the computer stuff for... 17 years now I think.
High volume, high availability applications with lots of data and processing.  I'm not a typical Architect, I'm very hands which I think is important.  Been having fun with web UI work lately.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.