News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Get your boing

Started by jubal81, December 23, 2013, 06:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

I don't know if you guys remember the Surfy Bear spring pan reverb that was shared here a while back, but I went to go check it out and Surfy Bear is now selling fabbed PCBs for the project. Boards are only $8 and he'll even sell you one put together for $68.

I've been wanting a really great analog verb project for a long time and already sent an email to get one - I'm giddy. I've screwed around breadboarding chip amp ideas for one and wasn't happy with the results.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Very cool. I still have one not fully populated. Reminds me... I need to finish it. :]

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

culturejam

Now that is pretty cool. I always wondered why there was never a *good* DIY spring reverb project.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jubal81

Quote from: juansolo on December 23, 2013, 09:46:38 AM
Anyone done a demo of one?

He's got a quick one on the project page. You have to download the file. Here's the download link:
http://surfybear.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/6/2/13625127/reverb_demo.m4a
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair