News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sagan Delay 2.0

Started by Timko, March 05, 2021, 08:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

I finished this up a couple of weeks ago, but I've been to busy enjoying it to post.  I got this 2.0 board from Diablochris a while back.  With the severly cold weather that came to the midwest earlier this winter, it was a great project to work on.  It has a MUCH smaller footprint than the 1.0 version I built.  And while it doesn't have the control than the 1.0 version has, it's considerably easier to get usable sounds out of. 

Artwork is based on the files that Chris supplied, changed into something suitable for pedal etching.  I highly recommend this one for someone looking for a new delay project.

jjjimi84

Beautiful! Just absolutely beautiful looking pedal, the Sagan Delay is such a cool pedal.

jimilee

Wow, nice. Big jump from the first to the second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Martan

Looks very cool! Are all the pots/switches board mounted on this one? The wiring for version 1 was an adventure

Timko

Quote from: Martan on March 06, 2021, 04:03:21 PM
Looks very cool! Are all the pots/switches board mounted on this one? The wiring for version 1 was an adventure

The 2.0 boards have mounted 9mm pots.  The 2.1 boards have mounted 16mm pots.  You are right about the v1 and the wiring "adventure" (hell) for the controls  ;D.

Martan

Despite that, though, it is one of my top three delays and I've gigged with it several times with no issues

jimilee

Quote from: Martan on March 07, 2021, 03:17:22 PM
Despite that, though, it is one of my top three delays and I've gigged with it several times with no issues
Oh wow, that's awesome man. That's a lot of button knobs and switches, it does sound great though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Timko

Quote from: Martan on March 07, 2021, 03:17:22 PM

The biggest difference between the v1 and v2 for me is versatility vs ease of use.  The first delay pedal I ever built was the Multiplex, so I had some familiarity with the 1776 approach to the RE-201.  The v1 of the Sagan captured that and more.  That said, it was at times tricky to get the sound I wanted out of it.  The v2 has less versatility in this area as the heads don't have individual speed controls, but all of the sounds out of the box are usable.  For me, the v1 is a great experimentation effect that's cool when recording, and the v2 is a great gigging option.

diablochris6

That looks great! Love hearing that these get played out in the wild too. I use mine every week at church, on an acoustic no less and haven't gotten tired of it yet.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here