News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Audio Lab - Moon Boost

Started by NF Audio, September 24, 2011, 11:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NF Audio

My apologies if it's uncool to post builds from other companies?

Anyway, I found this guy from France who's business is called 'My Audio Lab'. Ordered a couple of his guitar effects PCBs. Built this one today. It's a SHO style boost (hence the name). Sounds good!

Nick.

madbean

You are welcome to post any DIY related builds, of course! This one looks great...that knob...mother of god!

NF Audio

Quote from: madbean on September 24, 2011, 11:15:41 AM
You are welcome to post any DIY related builds, of course! This one looks great...that knob...mother of god!

Well... I think the knob suits the name also ;)

TNblueshawk

Awesome theme. It's all about the knob too  ;D
John

jkokura

Cool build.

It's interesting how all of the parts are mounted right onto a PCB that mounts to the switch. That's a clever design. I'll have to try that sometime...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

raulduke

I agree; thats a pretty cool idea having the board mounted on the footswitch.

Makes parts placement etc less flexible though I guess.

Nice knob too (reminds me of a moog)!

nzCdog

NF Audio

Mounting the footswitch to the PCB is good because a) it reduces a lot of the wiring involved with a true bypass switch, and b) saves you having to work out a way to seat the PCB in the case without it shorting on anything.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

jubal81

Quote from: NF Audio on September 24, 2011, 11:30:09 PM
Mounting the footswitch to the PCB is good because a) it reduces a lot of the wiring involved with a true bypass switch, and b) saves you having to work out a way to seat the PCB in the case without it shorting on anything.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I agree. The only reason I can think of that it isn't done more often, like board-mounted pots, is that maybe the physical force of the footswitch might be jarring to the solder joints.

BTW, I can't wait for those relay switching boards Aziltz is working up.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

NF Audio

Absolutely, and occasionally those 3 pole switches do die and to replace one mounted to the board you have to desolder it from the board which is a bit of a pain. I'll try my luck!

bigmufffuzzwizz

The whole theme really makes me laugh. I must admit its very clean with the footswitch attached like that. Great job!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

NF Audio

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 26, 2011, 01:30:28 AM
The whole theme really makes me laugh. I must admit its very clean with the footswitch attached like that. Great job!!

tenwatt

Quote from: jkokura on September 24, 2011, 03:35:20 PM
Cool build.

It's interesting how all of the parts are mounted right onto a PCB that mounts to the switch. That's a clever design. I'll have to try that sometime...

Jacob
Flixiblity is the biggest issue.  But now this has me churning about having the footswitch AND the pots BOTH being board mounted.
Not too bright....