News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel MN3007 15v with Demo

Started by pryde, March 09, 2014, 01:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is a PB built for a local musician who also likes birds  :)

After some minor circuit tweaking I think it sounds pretty nice overall. There is a road rage under the main board for 15v operation. I did the R39 depth mod with a clear, green LED as well as dropped C17 to 15n. I am going to also build up a small clone soon to have a good comparison of the two. Anyway there is a little simple demo at the bottom with some clean and overdriven chorus-ey stuff.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jpparlier/chorus-analog-pb[/soundcloud]

Jabulani Jonny

Oh now that is sweet. I'm getting ready to start on a couple pork barrels. I'll have to check the demo out when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

bcalla

slimtriggers

rullywowr

Really nice work. Love the etch and wiring. Excellent.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Great looking etch and I am also a suckers for birds.

Cody

sonarchotic

Looks and sounds great! Love that etch.

hylandren

Agree with others: Great looking and sounding build!

It seems like with most enclosure etches, you have to either sacrifice depth for sharpness or vice versa.
Yet you have a lot of depth there AND sharpness as well...
If you don't mind divulging, what etchant/resist combination did you use?

pryde

Quote from: hylandren on March 10, 2014, 03:33:56 PM
Agree with others: Great looking and sounding build!

It seems like with most enclosure etches, you have to either sacrifice depth for sharpness or vice versa.
Yet you have a lot of depth there AND sharpness as well...
If you don't mind divulging, what etchant/resist combination did you use?

Ask and you shall receive  ;)

I did a downloadable enclosure etching tutorial a while back for the forum. Here is the link.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=11078.0

peAk

sounds great!

unfortunately, I can't see the pics right now because my company's firewall blocks a lot of pics but doesn't block soundcloud!

Every build should require an audio demo with it!  ;)

Awesome!

Bret608

Not sure how I missed this! How did you find this compares with the Small Clone you're doing? I still love my PB but am curious about how some of the other DIY choruses compare.

pryde

Quote from: Bret608 on March 14, 2014, 09:25:37 PM
Not sure how I missed this! How did you find this compares with the Small Clone you're doing? I still love my PB but am curious about how some of the other DIY choruses compare.

Running the Small Clone at 15 volts I give it the win. To my ears the modulation just sounds a bit wetter/deeper to me. I went back and forth a lot and was getting great sounds from both really but just liked the SC better for whatever reason.

I will say that the difference between 9v and 15v for either circuit is apparent. I first had the SC at 9v against the 15v PB and noticed very lacking bass response and a somewhat compressed sound in comparison. However, putting 15v into the SC opened it up with increased bass, clarity and that "chorus-ey shimmer" thing. So 15v is recommended regardless.

I will try to get together a side by side demo soon while the PB is still in possession.

Guitarmageddon

Paging Mr Hitchcock... ;)
Lovely build.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

lincolnic