News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Charlatan vs The Worm

Started by artstomp, March 09, 2022, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artstomp

So glad the Charlatan finally released. I checked the docs to see if there's a mod to lessen the noise..especially on the wah mode, but the mods are for distortion issue and ampere consumption. Hey Brian...i'd like to know if your Charlatan build is quiet vs the orig the Worm?...if so, does implementing a different power supply circuit contributes to lessen the noise? On my The Worm unit, i replaced the regulator 15v to 12v...it does lessen a little bit the noise..but i noticed the range control is somewhat affected, at max it seems you turn it back a little. tia

madbean

Well, it's been years since I had my Worm so I can't rightfully compare noise. IMO, the Charlatan is quiet. I had the amp turned up to 10 to check for any LFO tick (there is none) and nothing jumped out at me as far unusual noise. But, you can expect there will be at least some small amount in the Wah mode. It's unavoidable when you amplify the mid range so much. I just don't think there's enough there to cause concern.

artstomp

Well that's good to know!!..i think I'll be replacing the Worm's pcb with the Charlatan !  It's time place my order !!!Thanks Brian !!!