Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bloviator II isn´t working

Started by Azagaroth, September 07, 2014, 06:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azagaroth

Hi there yall,
I just finished the Bloviator II.
I tried it out on my testing rig, now there is no signal going through somehow and so it doesn´t work.
Does somebody can give me the IC Pin voltages so I can compare?

There are no bridges between the solder lugs and metered all my compnents before putting em on the board.

Thanks in advance

lincolnic

If it worked on your testing rig but not in the box, either something is miswired or the PCB is shorting out against something in the enclosure. Pictures will help.

Azagaroth

Hey man,
thanks for the reply, but I meant that the board isnt even working on my testing rig.
No sound at all

jubal81

First thing to do is check that the wires are connected correctly. After that, check to make sure the opamps are getting power. Then, use an audio probe (a 100n cap attached directly to a wire to your amp) and start tracing the signal through the circuit to find out where your guitar signal dies.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

mgwhit

I haven't built this board yet, but the IC voltages should be standard for dual and quad op-amps operating between ~9V and ground:

IC1 (TL072):
pins 1-3, 5-7, : ~4.5V
pin 4: 0V (and continuity to ground)
pin 8: ~9V

IC2 (TL074):
pins 1-3, 5-10, 12-14: ~4.5V
pin 4: ~9V
pin 11: 0V (and continuity to ground)

I wouldn't spend much time debugging voltages since your board isn't even passing sound, but please do post them.  The 9V and ground pins are the most important here.

Idiot check items (yes, we've all done them):
1. Are your IC's seated in their sockets?
2. Are your board input and output leads attached to the right points on your test rig?

If all those check out, it's audio probe time.  Good luck!

Azagaroth

thanks man,
I just build me an audio probe and tried to trace the fault.
Weird is that I can trace a signal to output and there is signal, its just really quiet, once I try it with bass there is still no sound.

I check the voltages tomorow, thanks again for your help