News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

There's a purge coming...

Started by juansolo, April 05, 2015, 09:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

Personally the problem I have with buying other people's boxes and selling my own is customization. With a commercial pedal you get something so standardized you know what you will get and everybody is fine with it. There is no choice in the matter. You make your own pedal and you're free to do whatever layout, shape or form you want. The downside is that when you try to sell it, it may not be to the liking of someone else. The layout which is perfect for you may not be so perfect for someone else. That super duper artwork that makes you smile just looking at it, well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sometimes I wish you could skip the enclosure, and only get a working circuit with jacks and knobs. And sometimes you come across a truly piece of art. And you curse your lack of funds that stops you from buying.

The universe truly has a perverse sense of humor.

pickdropper

Quote from: alanp on April 06, 2015, 08:19:06 AM
$40 seems to be the going rate... which is too low for me.

That's basically raw parts cost (or less) for most builds with high quality parts.

I doubt I'll run much of anything out at less than $100, which may not make it friendly for DIY sites where folks can build their own.  I don't have a ton of builds that I don't want, so if they don't sell that's OK. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lars

Amazing group of pedals. I think the Maestro PS-1A clone is still one of my favorites.
What is that larger pedal in the upper dead-center, that has two footswitches and only one Marshall-style knob (kind of 70's graphics)?
Gaspedals Dumbbell?

jball85

Jabulani Jonny

Oh man, I want in on this.  I'll be keeping on eye on the BST section for sure.  I'd take that Small Clone off of you right now, if you're so inclined...
Jonathan

juansolo

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on April 06, 2015, 09:18:47 PM
Oh man, I want in on this.  I'll be keeping on eye on the BST section for sure.  I'd take that Small Clone off of you right now, if you're so inclined...

The SC is in the keeper pile I'm afraid. The duplicate of that went in the previous purge.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

joegagan

JUANSOLO THAT IS AN AWESOME PHOTO

juansolo

Quote from: lars on April 06, 2015, 03:08:40 PM
Amazing group of pedals. I think the Maestro PS-1A clone is still one of my favorites.
What is that larger pedal in the upper dead-center, that has two footswitches and only one Marshall-style knob (kind of 70's graphics)?
Gaspedals Dumbbell?

Leslish (ain't quite a leslie). It's a pair of modded Tri-vibes, wrapped in a a splitter/mixer. One gets high frequencies and runs faster than the other that gets the low frequencies. Knob is a dual gang on the rate of them. The left stomp is a ramp between low and high speeds, nicked from Josh's Multiplex and re-purposed.  Busy as hell inside as it was more of a 'this could sound cool' thing rather than anything else. Actually sounds really cool (demo doesn't do it justice really).

We've had ideas on how to make this much cooler these days (basically doing it with two PS-1As and the splitter/mixer. Would require a little fettling of the speeds). Would also fit a mono and split output. We tried that when we built the original, where you could run two amps from it. That sounded awesome.

juansolo

Purge update: 47 pedals sorted out to go. Need to photograph them and to for all the packaging to arrive (parcelforce lost the boxes and packaging tape, but I've got a big reel of bubble wrap...). Will hopefully get them all listed next week.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: juansolo on April 10, 2015, 07:31:19 AM
Purge update: 47 pedals sorted out to go. Need to photograph them and to for all the packaging to arrive (parcelforce lost the boxes and packaging tape, but I've got a big reel of bubble wrap...). Will hopefully get them all listed next week.

Down to 45 now!  8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

raulduke

Looking forward to seeing the stash for sale.

Good luck getting all the photos and listings etc. sorted.... can imagine it will be a nightmare  ;D

juansolo

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 10, 2015, 01:17:43 PM
Quote from: juansolo on April 10, 2015, 07:31:19 AM

Down to 45 now!  8)

LOL indeed! Rej snuck in there bagging the Valnott and mini-stoner!

Quote from: raulduke on April 10, 2015, 03:12:23 PM
Looking forward to seeing the stash for sale.

Good luck getting all the photos and listings etc. sorted.... can imagine it will be a nightmare  ;D

Sorted them, tested them, done an initial pass to get them all into a spreadsheet, priced them up, boxes, bubble and packaging tape has arrived.

Just need to photograph them all (which is likely a job for Monday) then list them all...

juansolo

It has begun!

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/39014/the-purge-iii-47-pedals

I've listed them all there as it'd be a 'mare to keep multiple forums up to date.

Mods: it might be worth moving this thread to the FS bit.

Luke51411

On my browser it only loads a few of the pics and when I click it just opens the same page in another tab with only the same pics loaded.

raulduke

Got my eye on some... PM Incoming!