News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

String Ringer 1.3

Started by soldersqueeze, January 06, 2022, 01:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

My first build of 2022 is my first build since 2018, using a board etched in 2015ish.
Spent a month or so slowly building this up, triple checking every component, placement, wire and solder joint. Really didn't want to end up trouble shooting this monster and in the end it fired up first try thankfully. Only slight issues were replacing one wire with shielded cable and moving another away from the transformer board to reduce background noise, and now I think its done!
I realise that not many will build this version now the deadend fx PCB is available, but huge shoutout to Haberdasher for the board. It is truly a work of art and as high quality as anything out there.

As you can see I went with toggle switches over stomp switches as this seems a better desktop unit than anything else, and in the unlikely event it ends up on a pedalboard it will just have to go in a loop.

I spent so long staring at builds of this when I was starting out building pedals and I'm super glad to finally have it under my belt. Feels like a good confidence boost having not built anything in so long.

jimilee

Daaaaamn, nice job. Now way I would want to take that on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

peAk

cooder

Yuuuuge in the best sense of the word. Epic so to say, well done!
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Well done, and nice wiring!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website