News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Orphan Fuzz

Started by Jakes Dad, November 23, 2014, 07:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

Finally finished this one.  This is the Orpheum/Mosrite Hybrid from one of Jon Patton's group buy deals quite a while back.
Both switch positions give wonderful vintage fuzz sounds.

Front:

And the guts:

Chuck

TGP39

You did a great job of fitting all that in there Chuck.  I missed out on this group buy  :(
Glad you love the sound of this. Jon makes some wonderful circuits.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

Really cool and it's screaming colour...! Blue pot condiments on lime grean goodies, yaya! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

midwayfair

For a second I thought it didn't have an LED, and I thought, "I guess there's no LED bright enough," but then I spotted it next to the switch. Anyway, glad you liked the circuit, and nice build. For a PCB that sold out that quickly, I'm surprised I didn't see more of them in the wild, so it's good to see a build report. :)

Leevibe

Beautifully minimalistic.

selfdestroyer

Color combinations are blinding.... and I love it!

Cody

Stomptown

This is the definition of eye candy! I want tovworkbon to eat it like a bowl of rainbow sherbet! I love the control layout as well.

lincolnic

Quote from: Stomptown on November 24, 2014, 07:26:30 AM
I want tovworkbon like a bowl of rainbow sherbet!

...you what?

Stomptown

That's right I said it!  :P

playpunk

Mine is built and I love it.... I just need a little time to box it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

wstimson

Awesome! Love that box color. 

I had one of these and got it built up 90% of the way (I was waiting on pots and transistor sockets, and the board just disappeared.  It was in my closet under the stairs with the rest of my boards in various state of completion and it just went away.  I tore the closet apart looking for it and never found it.  I think my daughter may have taken it.  She has "disappeared" several items over the past 6-8 months.  :)  Either way, the thing is now truly orphaned.

midwayfair

Quote from: wstimson on November 25, 2014, 06:11:19 PM

I had one of these and got it built up 90% of the way (I was waiting on pots and transistor sockets, and the board just disappeared.  It was in my closet under the stairs with the rest of my boards in various state of completion and it just went away.  I tore the closet apart looking for it and never found it.  I think my daughter may have taken it.  She has "disappeared" several items over the past 6-8 months.  :)  Either way, the thing is now truly orphaned.

Will, I probably have a couple at home. PM me your address and I'll mail you one.

wstimson

Quote from: midwayfair on November 25, 2014, 06:35:49 PM
Quote from: wstimson on November 25, 2014, 06:11:19 PM

Will, I probably have a couple at home. PM me your address and I'll mail you one.

Jon... thanks, man.  If you have one laying around, I'd certainly appreciate it.  PM coming.  :)

/threadjack

atreidesheir

like starbursts.  beautiful.  love the led placement. 
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman