News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Red Cross Knight and The Blue Dragon

Started by sarde, February 26, 2019, 05:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarde

My buddy got back into guitars after taking a break for years. He wanted to build a small pedal board so we went and tried out pedals at a local shop to get a feel for what he likes. He bought a delay and reverb, then he asked me to build him a pedal like the JHS Double Barrel, which he liked.

I used pcb's from Aion Electronics (I thought about using veroboard layouts, but I thought it would be higher quality to go with pcb's). I used the cerulean (bluesbreaker) pcb in morning glory setup. The PCB has pads for a second set of diodes, so I added the diodes from the zendrive on a switch (my buddy borrowed my zendrive clone and liked it). The second circuit I added is the nimbus (Maxon od-820). I added an order effects switcher too.

I came up with some cool artwork and drilled my enclosure then envirotexed it. When I went to assemble it I drilled the enclosure 1/4" too close to the top mounted jacks...hence my recent thread on what to do with a failed enclosure. I ordered a new 1590bbt to avoid the jacks and I started the enclosure over again. Then when I was about to print my waterslide decal, inspiration struck. I decided to take my red and blue themed artwork and make it 3D. And with the 3D glasses I have, it actually looks three dimensional.

Plus, it sounds great!!!
Check out some of my projects over at https://pendragonguitarworks.wordpress.com/

alanp

Inventive and very cool looking :D

(is a sucker for dragons)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mjg

What a great idea, and the artwork is very good - is that an original image you've done?

sarde

The drawing is from a children's book that I modified and edited heavily.
Check out some of my projects over at https://pendragonguitarworks.wordpress.com/

mjg

Cool.  Looks good, job well done.

I just checked out your wordpress site - love the pony pedal. :)

TGP39

This is seriously awesome.   A couple questions.....
Is the switch down at the bottom an order switch?   Did you cut out arrows into the enclosure?   Do those arrows light up to show the current order?
What order daughter board did you use?   The more I stare at this build, the more impressed I become (and dizzy). 😁
Steve. 
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

Excellent and very inventive!
Just when 3D in the movies becoming a bit less the hype... maybe pedals next! Can I have some popcorn with that, lightly salted...?
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

I have mixed feelings about this.  On one hand it's a great build with cool artwork.  On the other hand, I'm now cross-eyed.   ;D

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

sarde

The center switch is an 3pdt effects order switcher. Much easier to wire up a little pcb from pedalpcb than to wire it in the raw (I did that once and I thought never again). I don't have the arrows lighting up; but whatever way the toggle is flipped is first in the signal chain.

Quote from: TGP39 on February 26, 2019, 09:13:03 AM
This is seriously awesome.   A couple questions.....
Is the switch down at the bottom an order switch?   Did you cut out arrows into the enclosure?   Do those arrows light up to show the current order?
What order daughter board did you use?   The more I stare at this build, the more impressed I become (and dizzy). 😁
Steve.

You mean you don't just happen to have a pair of 3D glasses lying around the house? I did, thats why I built this thing.
Quote from: pickdropper on February 26, 2019, 07:41:02 PM
I have mixed feelings about this.  On one hand it's a great build with cool artwork.  On the other hand, I'm now cross-eyed.   ;D

nzCdog

m-Kresol

great idea with the 3d image and superb execution.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

DLW