News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Azabache! with board mounted everything

Started by rullywowr, September 08, 2013, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Just populated my layout of ROG's Azabache complete with PCB mounted pots.  Everything went together smoothly, however I was missing a 220uF cap from my inventory.  I figured I would have to wait a week or so to see if it works however my neighbor just threw out a coffee maker with LCD display to use with my AVR microcontrollers.  I tore into it to scavenge the relay and LCD display and while I was in there, found a 220uF cap!  Love how things work out.

The board works perfectly except the Tone pot is wired backwards...no biggie just flip 1 and 3.  The original schematic wasn't clear on the orientation.  The next version will be 100% accurate.  It sounds...well...very Fender like for sure.  I am running it  into a Blues Deluxe and it really coaxes even more Fender tone out of it.  It has plenty of brightness on tap and can even get a pleasing overdrive tone.  Bright and scoop switches do exactly what they say.  Fairly easy to bias up to specs with the onboard trimmers.  The values of the trimmers I used were a little different but they worked just fine.

Business side of PCB:

Bottom:

I have two extra PCB's available if any of you are interested.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

muddyfox

Very nice.
It's too late to go into extrapolation here so lemme just ask... can it fit in a 1590B sideways?

I have a board from Ian over at DIYSB that still needs populating but I was thinking of making my own "everything mounted" version eventually. Now it seems I won't have to, once you roll out your v1.1 with the correction.

rullywowr

muddyfox

excellent! just enough room for jacks and dc and stomp, asymetric should  look pretty cool.
i normally wire pots offboard and your switched pot wouldnt be a problem but since i already have a version like that, i'll be looking for a mounted one so lemme know if you make a run of the corrected boards. although, i've been toying with the idea of making one in smd just for practice... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bret608

I like your layout a lot--I've heard a lot of good things about this circuit so I should probably check out a sound sample or two!

lego4040

Nice and tight and clean, cant wait to see it finished

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Jean-Rock

Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

rullywowr

Thanks everyone!  It's really a cool feeling populating a layout you made and firing it up for the first time...and it works.  This layout is about as big as you can get in order to fit in a 1590B.  There is very little clearance on both sides.