News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Univibe (Harbinger One!)

Started by rullywowr, May 05, 2014, 12:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Finally got around to boxing this one up.  Great sounding pedal.  Wish I could coax a little more "lushness" out of it...maybe change the LDRs down the line or try 18V adapter...but it works great.  Copious amounts of ribbon cable, 1uF caps, and transistors are essential to this build.   ;D 

Shooting for a 1960's psychedelic poster look with a little homage to Jimi at the top.  Powdercoated myself in Neon green with a self-adhesive inkjet white decal on top.  A little envirotex, the biggest ass knob I have ever used, and call it a day.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

I bow before your knob.. I LOVE huge knobs. (Its ok to say that here in the states but I am sure I will get a comment from Juansolo or AlanP for that one) lol

Awesome build. I have yet to own or play a Univibe. Am I missing out?

Cody

wgc

You can never miss with jimi involved, but it looks pretty awesome regardless!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

alanp

Cody, that's between you and your better half :P

Rully, that is a SERIOUSLY nice vibe!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

That's fantastic Rully! I think you nailed the look. This makes me want to build one.

jubal81

Now that's just awesome. That's one of those when someone sees your board, it's the first they point at and say, "whoa, what's that?"
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

nzCdog

nice job... love the phsychedely.  cool pedal for the board 8)

lincolnic

That knob...I just want to turn it...

mmlee

This makes me giggle. Love the colour scheme. I feel I should try this envirotex stuff,I like the shine and slight curve it seems to give.
>Marcus

bcalla

Fantastic graphic!  Looks like a poster for JH playing at the Fillmore.

rullywowr

Thanks for the good "vibes" guys!  :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Droogie

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Bret608

I really like that '60s concert poster look! I could see using that on a fuzz sometime as well.

pryde

Great job Ben!

Not sure but my Harbinger is very lush and deep sounding, at least I think so  :-\

mah62

Surely, you are begging for "big knob" gags! Well, not from me. I just love the retro vibe. Nice one!

Mark