News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Elephant BoogeymEn!

Started by njkke, April 19, 2012, 09:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njkke

Two full featured BoogeyMan (Chunk chunk etched boards)
Tone controls:
Bass, Mid, Treble, Cut (Presence);

3 Channels:
Drive A with Gain and Level controls,
Drive B with Gain and Level controls,
Boost to increase the level amount while playing through Drive A or B

Tomorrow I'll post other photos of the inside view!

Hangingmonkey

Very nice. What mods did you do to get 2 separate chanels and a boost?

DutchMF

I can only imagine the amount of wiring in these....... I thought the standard, single-channel, non-boost chunkchunk was a big PITA to wire, but these take first place! Looking very good, nice to see another side-by-side build.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

alanp

The chunk wiring can be made easier.

Do a few direct pot to pot wire links and skip board connections for those tabs. The bass pot can be done entirely through links. The out wire going to the stomp can be done directly from the volume pot.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jase

Your idea of linking pots sounds great. Any chance of a diagram?

alanp

http://gaussmarkov.net/wordpress/circuits/dr-boogey/

The original schematic on gaussmarkov illustrates the idea pretty well. You may need to trace the schematic a bit to follow this.

http://gaussmarkov.net/layouts/drboo/drboo-layout.png
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4938/drboogey.gif

I'm not sure it states this, but the output is taken from tab 2 of Volume straight to the stomp switch.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jase

Thanks heaps for that, still trying to get my head around it's use with the chunk chunk here tho.

njkke

I know you're waiting for this! ;)

jase

I know this will sound stupid but,... I'm not sure what the three grids at the bottom represent.
I know one is the footswitch but what are the other two? Please excuse the noob!

NightOwl

Quote from: jase on June 05, 2012, 09:59:19 PM
I know this will sound stupid but,... I'm not sure what the three grids at the bottom represent.
I know one is the footswitch but what are the other two? Please excuse the noob!

Unless I am mistaken, all three of those bottom grids are footswitches.  njkke's Boogeyman has three, from left to right on the diagram: 3PDT switch for Gain 1, 3PDT switch for Gain 2, and a DPDT switch for the Boost.

I hope that helps.  :)

jase

Quote from: NightOwl on June 06, 2012, 01:10:20 AM
Quote from: jase on June 05, 2012, 09:59:19 PM

Unless I am mistaken, all three of those bottom grids are footswitches.  njkke's Boogeyman has three, from left to right on the diagram: 3PDT switch for Gain 1, 3PDT switch for Gain 2, and a DPDT switch for the Boost.

I hope that helps.  :)
Oh, OK that makes sense. Tho I'm only interested in cleaning up a stock chunk chunk's wiring, with one switch,  possible? or nothing that will make a big difference

njkke

Three switches:
1- Drive A/Drive B
2- Effect On/Bypass
3- SupaBoosta XD