News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EH B9 Organ Machine... thoughts?

Started by wolfingsworth, October 01, 2014, 04:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfingsworth

When I saw the demo video for its pedal my mind was blown. It later occurred to me that I probably wouldn't have many practical uses for such a beast, but I can't shake that feeling that I need one! Just wondered if anyone had any actual experience with it.

GermanCdn

Thoughts located in this thread

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=16087.msg157808#msg157808

Works best with its dedicated power supply.  I like three of the settings a lot, the rest are "meh", but moreso because I can't see myself using them in a song rather than them not being good tones.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

wolfingsworth

juansolo

It's irritatingly popular and no one has shifted one on yet that I've noticed. I've been trying to snag one 2nd hand for a while now and they don't pop up :(
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

I'd like to pick up a EHX HOG sometime, a mate can do very impressive organ tones with his. Too cheap to spend much money, though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raulduke

I watched the demo being rather sceptical, and I was actually impressed.

It has also been reviewed in the latest issue of Sound on Sound and it gets rave reviews (tracking is superb by all accounts).

I'm going to keep my eyes out for one s/h; give it a couple of months and I imagine a lot of guys will have had their fun with em'  ;)

wolfingsworth

After scouring YouTube, I think my GAS has naturally evolved from wanting a B9, to NEEDING a HOG2 with all corresponding pedals ;D. Whether or not this is going to be a reality is yet to be seen. Also, has anybody tried  www.pedalgenie.com ? It appears to be like Netflix for pedals. This also had my GAS flaring up something fierce!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: wolfingsworth on October 07, 2014, 03:34:52 AM
After scouring YouTube, I think my GAS has naturally evolved from wanting a B9, to NEEDING a HOG2 with all corresponding pedals ;D. Whether or not this is going to be a reality is yet to be seen. Also, has anybody tried  www.pedalgenie.com ? It appears to be like Netflix for pedals. This also had my GAS flaring up something fierce!

My aunt does the pedal genie deal and she likes it. She can get 3 pedals a month and she told me that they seem to get new pedals and vendors monthly. $30 a month does sound steep but if you are looking at buying a $300+ pedal and want to test it on your gear in the comfort of your own home it's totally worth it. I know what it's like to want to drop a grand on a new amp but just not get in the groove at the shop and you head home empty handed.

Cody