News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slambox... take 2

Started by nzCdog, March 26, 2011, 08:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

I killed my first one... tried to swap out the resistors and pulled the traces off the board :(

Take two has R1 and R2 switched with a DPDT, for normal (2M2) and bright (10M stock) settings.  Hard to tell the difference when running as a clean boost but really nice having the option on when boosting into distortion, then the differences become more apparent.  This is a very nice sounding boost.

madbean

Nicely done. Looks very very good. That's a good idea with the switch. You could go even further by using a DPDT and switching two resistors in parallel with R1 and R2. So, say you had 1M in each of those positions. I think you could wire a DPDT so that when it's "on" two 10M resistors are dropped in parallel with R1 and R2 which would increase there values, and make it "bright". Just thinking out loud.

Thanks for posting pics!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Looks killer! Great job on the completion. I think its great how much room you have to work with!!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Thanks guys... Madbean the switching idea is interesting, I might do some breadboarding if I get time and listen to the variations of resistors... cheers for the tip!
Bigmufffuzzwizz, yeah there's room enough left in there to swing a cat! ;)

k.rock!

I love that font! Your pedals look great man!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog