News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

first build - RangeMaster

Started by gtangas, December 22, 2012, 08:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

Ok, so i´m proud to share with all of you guys my first Final build (waiting from some components from ebay to finish 3 more  ;D  )

I had  initial problems with a lot of noise coming out from the box but the problem was a crap/cheap power transformer.

Any advice on a nice DIY transf unit?

Change it to battery power and the result was awesome!!!

Combining this pedal to my tubemeister 18 and a marshall cab 2x12" loaded with greenbacks it´s a explosive combination!

Thx Madbean! I love It!!

So after rock it it was time to box it and without the 1590b I improvise and It is the results...

PCB - used magazine paper

the heart ( i wrap the battery and the board with a bubbles bag to avoid any shorts)

and the final results:

after this photos i add a led, at the moment using it without a truebypass but after the new switches arrive i change it.

so hope you enjoy... i´m loving it!

Sergio

pickdropper

That's a really cool enclosure.  Thanks for sharing.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

DutchMF

Cool stuff dude, truly unique! Nice box.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Axe_34

Nifty. I'd keep expecting a jack-in-the-box to spring out.

gtangas

Thx guys

yea the tea box enclosure gives a nice look! hhehe

I have an supposable replacement for the oc44 transistor that I will try it. It's a af200 germanium trans as well but instead of 3 pin like this ac128 it as a 4pin for the case itself that as to be grounded... what I think will produce less hi gain noise! Let´s see...

what do you mean by "jack-in-the-box to spring out" ? reverb?
sorry i´m from portugal... Never had problems with the English but some expressions.... 

And what an diy power supply for the pedals?

midwayfair

One of my favorite circuits in a tea tin. I love this! :)

gtangas

This build is much simpler than the blue delay that I have waiting to finish.. but the sound is awesome... just hope that the pt2399 arrive quickly hehe

Pedals are great... but the ones that we build have a complete different taste!!

Merry Christmas to all

bigrigg

congrats.  That's a great and unique first build.  Keep them coming.

nzCdog

Well done, especially with first time build being a self etch!  Enjoy 8)
As for a power supply, a lot of guys use the Visual Sound One Spot for pedals... however the rangemaster wont play nicely with other pedals in a daisy chain, so battery might be the best option for now

Stomptown

wow! I love the creativity and that is quite an etch for your first time. I have yet to get one to look so good...

gtangas

Thx guys

here is a video recorded with the cell.. bad playing and my daughter playing around!  Hehehe

TNblueshawk

Dang, nice job for a first or hell a 100th for that matter.

Whatever you do if you get a one spot it MUST be regulated.
John

icecycle66