News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Raging, egotistical, pasty faced Fat A$$

Started by studiodunn, December 14, 2012, 06:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studiodunn

I just finished this box of utter Rock..........and oh does she.

Pasty Face fed by the road rage > Fatpants > flipper switch > Ego Driver - running off the 18v tap on the fat pants.

Pasty face (Sola build)  is using OC75's from Small Bear and it sounds fantastic. It is easily my favorite fuzz built to date. It sounds great for chords also and the tone knob actually works and drastically changes the character of the pedal.

Fat Pants is a great boost for the PF and Ego. It makes the PF sound FAT! With the order flipped it adds a serious sizzle and compression to the Ego.

Ego - Is all stock except for the 1N34A. I didn't have one so I socketed and just used a 4001 until I get the 34's. I also removed the LED clipping as it really didn't make a huge difference. I spent 30 minutes using several  LED types with little perceivable change. The FP in front gives it all Xtra it needs IMO.

All in all I'm pretty happy with it. I'm, a novice at this so working and sounding good are criteria I can be happy with. I do think I could be a little cleaner on the inside, but that will come.
I had it layed out to be symetrical, as my OCD would like, but changed the layout once I realized I could use the clipping switch to mount the Ego......details ;)

Thanks to all that have helped me along this path. This forum and it's members are really great.

DutchMF

Now that is one impressive build! Love the 3-in-1 idea, the camo green colour, the Marshall-style knobs... So much coolness, congrats man! This must be one freakin' dirt machine!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

Bret608

I think that looks pretty clean inside for all that's going on! You are braver than I, soldering those OC75s straight into the board like that!

studiodunn

Thanks all, much appreciated. 

Bret, they were socketed for the build and only soldered after she was ready for her new home.