News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A Few

Started by Guitarmageddon, December 15, 2012, 01:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Nautilus.
Love this thing. Tri-color led for the hi/band/low modes. Couldn't wait to play it, heaps of fun.

Guts are a mess, partly because I put it together as fast as possible, and partly because I then spent three days trouble shooting the various errors caused by rushing the build .  ::)

The final issue was the 390ohm resistors in my 390K drawer. Once I found those I knew what the problem had been with...

My second Kingslayer.
I can't say enough good things about this circuit. My first one was immediately apropriated by a friend, so I built this one. Drove me nuts for a couple of days, then sat on my desk for weeks taunting me until I had my revelation with the Nautilus.

Finally, an Optical Comp and B-Blender combo. (non-bean)

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Haberdasher

good work, i like your etchings.  i guess one could say you're an etcher of escher.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jkokura

That Nautilus stands out as my favourite, but they all look great.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

snz728

cool enclosure knob choices, look too good to stomp on

midwayfair

Dat Nautilus!

Would you indulge my curiosity about the compressor? Is it the BYOC optical comp (only optical I can think of with a chip and multiple transistors but not too many parts)?

jkokura

I'd bet it's the demeter.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Guitarmageddon

Thanks guys!

Quote from: midwayfair on December 15, 2012, 02:34:33 AM
Dat Nautilus!

Would you indulge my curiosity about the compressor? Is it the BYOC optical comp (only optical I can think of with a chip and multiple transistors but not too many parts)?

It's the DOD 280. (tonepad layout.)  It is practically identical to the BYOC opto comp.
I like the opto ones. The colorsound supa sustainer is another cool (and more extreme) one.
My next compessor will be the Bear Hug though!
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Haberdasher

i built that tonepad 280 with nsl32, I liked it.  sounds especially wicked with a lot of distortion.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Hangingmonkey

Nice builds. What color led is on the nautillus under the switch?

nzCdog

Very nice!  That nautilus looks awesome :o