News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGSD

Started by gordo, February 25, 2024, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

New Guitar Synthesizer Day.  I picked up a Boss GM-800 with the GK-5 pickup and slapped in on my trusty tele.  Got some tweaking to do but am impressed with the tracking so far.  This is one of the stock pads called Piano Symphony.  Me getting all fancy and such on a tele but it's pretty crazy what this thing will do.  Added a touch of reverb.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/gordoamps/piano-symphony-demo?si=8529c662a2cb4cb3b5bb237a3a6c5f6f&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing[/soundcloud]
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Killer! I love guitar synths. I had a TriplePlay for a while but the pickup mount didn't work for most of my guitars. I ended up selling it when I found a VST plugin that had very good direct tracking. So, I sometime use that to control synth VSTs.

blearyeyes

Love it! Hard to believe that's a Tele. Very cool.

djaaz

Quote from: gordo on February 25, 2024, 10:15:58 PM
New Guitar Synthesizer Day.  I picked up a Boss GM-800 with the GK-5 pickup and slapped in on my trusty tele.  Got some tweaking to do but am impressed with the tracking so far.  This is one of the stock pads called Piano Symphony.  Me getting all fancy and such on a tele but it's pretty crazy what this thing will do.  Added a touch of reverb.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/gordoamps/piano-symphony-demo?si=8529c662a2cb4cb3b5bb237a3a6c5f6f&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing[/soundcloud]

That's fun. And it sounds good.

Bio77

Bananas  8)  Is the synth engine more like Juno presets or can you create something from scratch?

gordo

I think it's a bit more like the Juno presets.  You don't have direct control of oscillators but can tweak the crap out of any preset and can run 4 at a time with individual effects on each.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

That's pretty cool.  I watched a few demos, the tracking is super impressive.