News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

8. SNACK SHACK DAM Meathead

Started by Liustucru, March 22, 2012, 04:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liustucru

Hey,
the second of my dark black beauty series : the SNACK SHACK.
Oh my god, this one sounds huge!!!

One Sprague Atom axial electrolytics and Mallory 150 film caps for THE mojo !!!
Pregain control (small knob) and volume (BIG knob)
Switchable input cap for the bright(10n)/norm(10n//33n)/dark mods(10n//100n).

2N3904 for Q1 and 2N2222A for Q2 in the photos.
I finally ended up with a spare BC171B I had and it sounds huge !!! A bit more gain than the 2N2222A with the same clarity.

I tested the SNACK SHACK with my band sunday afternoon. My bassist wanted a fuzz for a long time and never found something he liked. We finally plugged it between his Precision bass and Bassman...
... and he begged me for keeping it. I never heard something that HUGE !!!

bangerang101

Looks great man, I like the mojo caps and stuff... Yeah, this fuzz seem like they would work great for bass (w/ the largish value caps and pregain control). Great job!

Where did you get the black pcb material from? I normally order from that abclaminates (I think thats what it's called) shop on ebay, but his shop is down until the end of summer or something, so I'm looking for somewhere else to order CEM board from.
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

Liustucru

Quote from: bangerang101 on March 22, 2012, 07:35:39 PM
    Looks great man, I like the mojo caps and stuff... Yeah, this fuzz seem like they would work great for bass (w/ the largish value caps and pregain control). Great job!

Where did you get the black pcb material from? I normally order from that abclaminates (I think thats what it's called) shop on ebay, but his shop is down until the end of summer or something, so I'm looking for somewhere else to order CEM board from.

Hello,
Thank you. I like the tone of those Mallory caps but it was a pain in the ass to make them fit in the box.
The PCB is actually a Madbean board I bought before it was discontinued.

nzCdog

I'm a sucker for oversized hi mojo caps...  :D
nice build man, you do some cool stuff