News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by jimilee, May 06, 2021, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

How about some of this action?! Got one to match my V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

You should get some guitars, Jimi  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

matmosphere

Nice! When do we start our Thin Lizzy cover band?

jimilee

Quote from: Matmosphere on May 06, 2021, 05:34:14 PM
anytime you're ready, it's totally on.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Nice, I instantly think of the edge. Then James hetfield, and for a brief moment Dave Grohl. Ceramic 500 pickups? How's the balance on it? I played a firebird for a while and it was always awkward for me to stand with it, and that neck dive. It looks killer, bet it sounds great!
Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

Daaaaaaaaaamn. The first guitar I ever chose and bought new was a cherry sunburst Hamer standard, which is an explorer shape. I miss it sometimes but it was impossibly heavy and the hard case took up so much space in the van. Nice score!

matmosphere

Quote from: jimilee on May 06, 2021, 05:44:52 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on May 06, 2021, 05:34:14 PM
anytime you're ready, it's totally on.

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods then it's on!

alanp

Nice, you're going to have to brush up on your Metallica licks now though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

KMRO

That wood is dope.  Looks awesome and ready to shred.  At this point, I've got distinct pedal boards for each instrument.  What is the planned signal chain for this rascal if you don't mind me asking.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: KMRO on May 06, 2021, 06:53:59 PM
That wood is dope.  Looks awesome and ready to shred.  At this point, I've got distinct pedal boards for each instrument.  What is the planned signal chain for this rascal if you don't mind me asking.
I imagine something like phaser into tube screamer into phaser
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: KMRO on May 06, 2021, 06:53:59 PM

This particular pedalboard will start with a compressor, always the soul preacher, then a heavy distortion pedal. I just got a ph-3 and an expression pedal, so that's gotta go next. I'm going with a delay pedal next, one of the mn3005 flavors. I'm just finishing up a rainbow machine, so that will go, along with that crazy chorus pedal with the three switches. Maybe a colossus, I don't know. I could just line up all my phasers.

But seriously, I'm looking at a heavy overdrive and a phaser right now. I don't know. I'm trying to get this song out of my head into logic. I;ve got some pieces already.

harryklippton

You mean you're not using all those phasers to play Waylon Jennings tunes Jimi?

jimilee

Quote from: harryklippton on May 06, 2021, 08:10:29 PM
You mean you're not using all those phasers to play Waylon Jennings tunes Jimi?
Not yet....just some good ole boys never meaning no harm.....

jjjimi84

What a killer! I have always wanted one and this post is not helping.

dan.schumaker

Sweet!  The U2 fan in me has always wanted one of those too!  Line it up with a DMM and a Vox!