News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My CBG at School Gala Auction tomorrow

Started by lego4040, March 31, 2017, 08:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lego4040

So I finished another CBG that my Dad did inlays and shaping on. It's on the auction block tomorrow to help raise money for my kids school art and music program. Apparently the 10's of millions of taxes paying New York City residents pay still can't keep art and music rooms filled >:(. This thing sounds incredible and pains me to let go but I have a few already. I think Jon Patton won one in the pifmas from me and someone else got one a few years ago too.

jimilee

Wow, that's beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

AntKnee

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

midwayfair

These things are way cool! I used the one I was piffed very prominently on one of my favorite recordings.

I hope someone at the gala recognizes its value and that it does good work for the school.

lego4040

🤔Link to the auction? That is a good question. I will find out if there is one, this auction at my daughters school is specifically only for the school so I'm not sure if they went that high tech. I am in the mood to build a few more of these, it's been quite a while. I have material to build three necks and when I finish I can post them here if anyone is interested.

lego4040

Dv8r601

Yeah great job on that. I've built a few of these because here in the deep South its a kind of right of passage but they weren't this nice. I know the local schools always have a CBG at their gala and it fetches a good bit so maybe it will really help out. Its a damn shame that the first thing that gets cut from the budget is the arts and then public broadcasting. Anyway keep up the good work.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Tapatalk

bluescage

lego4040

Thanks, next year I plan on having a CBG, CBG Canjo and Dulcimer ready for them