News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ElectroDroid for Android- very helpful for DIY building

Started by Om_Audio, October 21, 2012, 09:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Om_Audio

This app is really cool- just wanted to let folks know of another source of helpful info for your obsession:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.android.demi.elettronica&hl=en
They also have a parts source plugin for the US but I have not tried that.
Sent via soup cans and string.

Ettore_M

I got this app installed in my tablet, ever since I bought it, almost a year and a half now. It's a great and useful app! It has helped me more than a handful of times!
Thanks for posting it, Clifford!  ;) All this time, I've never thought of posting it here.. :-[

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

stecykmi

oh sweet, i was looking for something like this just a couple weeks ago. cool app.

Om_Audio

Oh my gosh I just tried the EveryCircuit circuit simulator, wow! SO COOL!! You can take readings from anywhere but then you can run the circuit and it animates to show the flow and so forth! I am like ready to go buy a tablet right now, heh.  :)
I am going to do a Bazz Fuss or something in it later to try and learn from.
I can post screenshots if anyone is interested.
I also tried the parts sourcer, pretty cool actually as you can get righ tto the Mouser page after comparing prices or even just for ordering if somehow the app interface is easier than website.
C

EDIT:
One of the reviews of the EveryCircuit app says the following which i don't understand but someone might want to know before shelling out 10 bucks for the full version;
"Fundamental flaw
As an electronic engineer I was dismayed to find the 'Not Or' circuit waveforms showed a step in the VOLTAGE output. Logic gates work on a threshold level, the output is on or off and does not alter in voltage level. This happened after altering ONE of the inputs' frequency to 1.3uS. There is a big flaw in the author's knowledge. Misleading for all the amateurs that say it is great and waste hours trying to find out why their circuit doesn't do what they expected."
Sent via soup cans and string.

GhostofJohnToad

anyone know of something similar for iphone/ipod?  That looks really nice!

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

BraindeadAudio

Swear by this bad boy. droidTesla is pretty rad too for quick schematic drawing on the go(or at work haha)

Another cool one is EveryCircuitFree

Electro takes the cake though for utilitarian purposes