News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD

Started by aballen, December 27, 2014, 04:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

I seem to have a thing for delay pedals.  There are so many good ones out there too.  The dirtbag, aquaboy, the multiplex, the zero point, the hamlet+... they are all sooooo good.  I love them all!  I cant fit 5 delays on my pedalboard though, its just too much space.  What to do?  Buy another one.... right?

I actually sold off a few pedals to raise some holiday cash, I ended out doing pretty well.  Enough to get gifts for my wife and two kids.  I even scored some bonus points by reducing the inventory.

I had some leftover cash too.  The result... a strymon timeline.  Anyone else have one?  it seems amazing, and I think it could replace my other delays.  The dBucket does a great dirtbag imitation, and with a pork barrel in the effects loop it gets really damn close.  I'm hoping with some time I can assimilate the others too.

It also does some cool stuff the others just can't like reverse echoes, MIDI and I can control parameter I want with an expression pedal.

This thing is going to keep me busy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leevibe

Congrats! Strymon makes some very creative, musical stuff. I would love to own a timeline.

culturejam

Brian (madbean) has one. He seems to really enjoy it.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

There's a guy on one of my other forums (Kev77 on nzguitars.com) who has a pedalboard with four Deluxe Memory Men (all old ones), and about eight OTHER bloody delay pedals. Oh, and a boost.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

Quote from: alanp on December 27, 2014, 08:19:58 PM
There's a guy on one of my other forums (Kev77 on nzguitars.com) who has a pedalboard with four Deluxe Memory Men (all old ones), and about eight OTHER bloody delay pedals. Oh, and a boost.

Please tell me he uses all of them at once.

lars

Quote from: lincolnic on December 28, 2014, 05:30:52 AM

Please tell me he uses all of them at once.
NO! That amount of vintage analog delay goodness could cause a rift in the space time continuum.

selfdestroyer

I have copious amounts of delay laying around and I adore my Timeline and also use it for its looper. There are only 2 delays that are permanent fixtures in my music room, the Timeline and the MN3005 Deluxe memory man. Don't get me wrong, the carbon copy and the Multiplex are always are arms lengths away.

Now, have some fun with it and one day you MUST pair it up with a Strymon Big Sky. Its a blast and so inspirational.

Cody