News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gold Anniversary Big Muff

Started by LaceSensor, January 23, 2024, 10:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Did anyone jump on the hype train for this one?

555 units, apparently its thru hole construction. Lazer etched, cute wooden box, velvet bag.
If it is indeed thru hole, the $250 is pretty reasonable

https://www.ehx.com/products/double-anniversary-big-muff-pi/

Waiting for $1000 on Reverb lolz to commence

Bio77

I actually think the $250 is pretty fair.  I know a muff collector ( ;D), he has >100 (OGs and clones).  Some of the boutique clones are in that price range.

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on January 23, 2024, 11:48:24 PM
I actually think the $250 is pretty fair.  I know a muff collector ( ;D), he has >100 (OGs and clones).  Some of the boutique clones are in that price range.
Is it gold colored or gold plated? Gold plated seems worth it, otherwise I think it's a bit much. That's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

Love how it looks and a purple LED was the right choice! I'm sure they sold out in about a second...

lars

The only thing I didn't like were the knobs, being that the "hockey puck" style EHX knobs didn't exist in the Ram's Head era. It would have been perfect with some gold versions of the various Ram's Head knobs, especially if they randomized it so you would get a surprise unique pedal when you open the box. The "reactor tower" knobs would have been great.

LaceSensor

yeah they should have used the bakolite knobs as a minimum, not the hockey ones.

gordo

I'm still fixated on 100 muffs.  Plus who are they kidding?  They could sell 100's of thousands of these...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

LaceSensor

so I grabbed one of these
It sounds really quite good - beyond expectations actually. The build quality is very standard but the casing, presentation and little touches inc the documentation are quite nice additions.

jessenator

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 31, 2024, 02:43:27 PM
so I grabbed one of these
It sounds really quite good - beyond expectations actually. The build quality is very standard but the casing, presentation and little touches inc the documentation are quite nice additions.

Did you change the knobs out after purchase, or did it come like that across the pond?

LaceSensor

Quote from: jessenator on January 31, 2024, 02:59:19 PM
Did you change the knobs out after purchase, or did it come like that across the pond?

Good catch. I swapped them out. The hockey pucks had a cheapening effect and the black pops so well.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 23, 2024, 10:40:42 PM

Anywhere from $650 to $1200  ::)

jessenator

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 31, 2024, 03:13:27 PM
Good catch. I swapped them out. The hockey pucks had a cheapening effect and the black pops so well.
Totally agree.

Quote from: gordo on January 27, 2024, 02:18:27 AM
I'm still fixated on 100 muffs.  Plus who are they kidding?  They could sell 100's of thousands of these...
Is it petty to want him to at make more on this alone than ol' josho did on his taken-back-promise of a """project?""" Because I want him to make more money than ol' josho.

LaceSensor

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 31, 2024, 03:39:35 PM
Quote from: LaceSensor on January 23, 2024, 10:40:42 PM

Anywhere from $650 to $1200  ::)

Wow. And heres me being boring and, you know, playing it a bit, and planning on keeping it til I die.

jimilee

You say it sounds good, did the circuit change any?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

LaceSensor

Quote from: jimilee on January 31, 2024, 04:35:41 PM
You say it sounds good, did the circuit change any?

Found this on the EHX forums

From the KITRAE website resource, it feels like a mix of parts values across various Rams Head iterations.
I couldnt find the Nano Rams Head or JMascis schematics to compare to. It was meant to be the same as those but in thru hole.