News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Switches that fit under a pot mounted board?

Started by peAk, June 25, 2014, 04:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

One thing I run into sometimes is that I want to have a switch in a certain spot on an enclosure but if I have a pot that's mounted to the board, it's too shallow to allow for a switch.

Are there any switches that are shallow/short lugs?

upthepunxxx

Like a footswitch or a toggle? Lawrence over at Bitcheslovemyswitches sells these guys http://www.bitcheslovemyswitches.com/#!/~/product/category=5027572&id=33283018

But I'm not sure thats what you are looking for, or you may have already tried these?
Wake up and smell the noise!!

gtangas

Hi

Yes there are a mini mini :-D spst switches... Not the red that you can find on tayda but a blue ones that are smaller

And you can cut some of the length of the pins and solder near to the switch enclosure

Another option is to raise the PCB board using standoffs...

upthepunxxx

Oh yea sorry, I meant to post a link to sub mini toggles as well. Gracias!

Quote from: gtangas on June 25, 2014, 06:13:23 PM
Hi

Yes there are a mini mini :-D spst switches... Not the red that you can find on tayda but a blue ones that are smaller

And you can cut some of the length of the pins and solder near to the switch enclosure

Another option is to raise the PCB board using standoffs...
Wake up and smell the noise!!

jimilee

Recently I ran in to this and just had to bend the solder lugs down and cover them with insulation
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.