Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Good luck America.

Started by Willybomb, November 03, 2020, 04:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Quote from: jimilee on November 03, 2020, 03:54:50 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on November 03, 2020, 02:16:28 PM
.......I'm way ahead of the states as far as time so I'm going to be checking the news first thing in the morning.
Are you from the future, will you know before we do???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, you are onto me.

I might be saying to much but...... 256 stage phasers will become a reality within the next ten years.

midwayfair

Quote from: m-Kresol on November 03, 2020, 06:32:19 PM
it's also gonna be the first thing I'm checking tomorrow morning.

The tally as of tonight won't mean anything. There are an extremely high number of absentee ballots. Check back in like a week and a half.

gordo

Has been a horrible experience and city of Chicago and Homeland were both advising to shutter key sites at midnight last night thru Wed night.  We've devolved into a 3rd world country.  This isn't how democracy or freedom of expression works.  It's a platform for assholes.

That said I voted early two weeks ago (I think, time is sort of irrelevant lately) and was a peaceful 10 minute wait and all the folks around me were very cool.  I wanted to get in early in case I got hit by a bus, this is likely the most important ballot I've cast.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

The whole electoral college instead of popular vote just pisses me right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Quote from: jimilee on November 03, 2020, 11:47:32 PM
The whole electoral college instead of popular vote just pisses me right off.

Well, it's basically one state away from being a thing of the past. There are several states that are not swing states that haven't signed it, including some like Minnesotta that are, let's say, "politically predisposed" in the aggregate to support such a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

skyled

The electoral college is severely misunderstood and demonized by tyrants who are devoted to mob rule. When electors began to lump their votes for the state popular vote winner, rather than by district, Hamilton, Madison, and Jefferson were appalled and considered another amendment, but it was too late by then.

The United States is not a democracy, but a republic. Democracies follow the will of the mob, while a republic [supposedly] defends the rights of the minority. Our system of limited government was designed to secure and protect the rights of the people, not to hand out and remove rights on a whim. The electoral college, much like the senate, are purposefully undemocratic, to ensure that each states' sovereignty is respected, and minority rights are not trampled by a few megacities. Small states that sign on to the National Popular Vote compact are voting to cede their citizens voices and sovereignty to the same big cities that hate them and call them flyover country.

The United States is more than a handful of crime and poverty infested corrupt cities dominated by the techno-Bolsheviks, and the electoral college is the only thing standing in the way from those same cities dominating the entire country.

P.S. I voted for Trump, not that it matters here in Kommiefornia. But I still had to ensure I voted against all the insane tax increases and regulations the Dems and their Public Employee Union stooges put on the ballot.

madbean

Quote from: skyled on November 04, 2020, 03:51:58 AM

P.S. I voted for Trump, not that it matters here in Kommiefornia. But I still had to ensure I voted against all the insane tax increases and regulations the Dems and their Public Employee Union stooges put on the ballot.

This is exactly the kind of shit I requested we not devovle in to.